Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Review Of My Experience At Dov Hair Salon!

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Isla.Raquel, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Isla.Raquel

Isla.Raquel New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know Dov gets mentioned on this forum a lot, that's why I went to him, so I just wanted to share how my appointment with him yesterday went. I have really mixed feelings about it all.

For starters, the salon was totally empty the entire 5 hours I was there. This was good as no one but Dov and his 2 assistants had to see my bio hair… But I thought it was kind of odd.

He did a strand test on my topperand then dyed it. The color is pretty similar to my own, but still not a 100% match (it looked like a 100% match in his salon, in the sunlight it’s not a 100% match). However I don’t mind as it’s close enough.

However, this is were the bad news comes in. I should have asked how much it was all going to cost up front. I am an idiot for not doing this. I was thinking it would be a couple hundred dollars. Wrong… The bill came out to $679.85. (The topper itself was $780!) I just about died when he told me. I can’t decide if I was ripped off or not. On one hand, he’s known for doing celebrities hair, and things do cost more in NY. And the topper was 26″, and he did work on nothing else but my topper for 5 hours. Idk.

But here is what left me feeling really weird about it all. He posted a picture of the back of my hair, with the topper on, and claimed it was one of his wigs. It’s not a wig, it’s a topper. And he only colored it. But he makes it sound like he made it. And he says in the post that it’s European hair, when he told me it was Chinese or Mongolian.

I’m linking a picture. I’m not going to say anything to him about it, but I just wanted to share this in case anyone is considering him for helper hair. He was very sweet to me, the salon was nice and he did do a good job on the color (though for that much $ I’d expect a 100% match, but it’s okay, my hair is really hard to match).

Attached Files:

2. unefemme

unefemme Member

Dislikes Received:
    Unless you plan to go to his salon again, I would DEFINITELY say something to him about the false posting - and would ask him either to retract it or correct it. If not, other women will see the post and be conned. Just my opinion...

3. ksk

ksk New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I went to see him several years ago and he was arrogant and hostile. I was considering purchasing a wig from him and asked to bring my husband in to see it. He wanted $200 to show it to my husband as a consultation fee! He would not reveal where the hair was fro or anything about the construction. End of Dov. There are much nicer people around.

Meliss9 likes this.
  4. Meliss9

Meliss9 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I went to him too based on what I read here and I left cause I didn't like how I was treated. Yes he was totally empty, he was very pushy and rough on my hair and when I said he was hurting me he said I either do it or nothing he can do. Not nice at all. Had no suggestions or help and he told me prices would be over $1000. We just walked out never again. I've been reading about the Secret wig by Milano. I really don't want to wear a wig at all... I've been physically getting sick cause of how I been feeling with my hair. Now warm weather coming up and I can't help but think how seethru my hair will b now in sunlight. Idk what to do anymore. This has ruined my life and I have small kids. I can't walk around so depressed anymore

5. swm3737

swm3737 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I went to Dov Salon for the first time last month and had an exceptional experience! Thanks to menopause, my hair has been shedding like crazy. I did hours of research about NYC stylists who specialize in thinning hair and use European hair to custom-make toppers. Dov’s name kept coming up, and I’m so glad that I found him. He’s a gem!

First, Dov evaluated my hair in a private area, and he genuinely listened to my concerns. (His salon is low-key, which was very reassuring to me.) He then spent several hours coloring (including highlighting) and cutting my hair. He even very patiently applied low lights and blew out my hair a second time when I changed my mind at the last minute and wanted to go a little darker. He was not satisfied until I was 100% satisfied.

I absolutely love my new cut and color, but I want a topper as a plan b should my shedding continue. Dov spent a lot of time selecting hair (real European hair!) that will match my new cut and color. He showed me custom toppers that he’s working on for other clients, and they are stunning!

His toppers are not inexpensive, but I’ve learned in life that you get what you pay for. I’ve read on several forums that women have had their Dov-created toppers for many years, and that nobody can detect it’s not their natural hair. That’s what I was looking for, and that’s why I chose Dov. He’s been wonderful to work with, and I’ll also continue to use him for my cut and color. It’s worth the trip to NYC!

6. wishingitweredifferent

Dislikes Received:
    Dear swm3737,
    I also went to Dov for a topper and I could not be more thrilled with the topper of European hair. I also had a great experience in his salon, and my topper is completely undetectable. I posted on another thread and stated that last week I went to the U. of Penn Dermatology Department to assess my alopecia and the doctor did not know I was wearing a topper. I am so happy that I had such a positive experience and the self confidence I now possess is worth more than money to me.

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes he can be on the arrogant side but his work is amazing. I am still getting compliments on my last topper which is several years old. No one suspects it is not my "actual" hair. They are not cheap but the quality is very very good.

8. wishingitweredifferent

Dislikes Received:
    I need to write another review of Dov’s work because it is utterly AMAZING! I have just received my second topper, and it is gorgeous. It is so difficult to think that that above reviews are about Dov. He is pleasant and knows his business. He makes all the toppers himself from the best European hair. They are gorgeous! There is absolutely NO way anyone would know that you are wearing hair. I can never thank him enough for the undetectable and beautiful hair he has given me. There is no other place i would ever go to for hair that looks natural and stylish. If you are considering hair in New York City, there is no other salon to consider. His toppers have changed my life. He is a true artist.

9. Hmg

Hmg New Member

Dislikes Received:

10. Hmg

Hmg New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a total different opinion of Dov. I liked the fact that I was the only one in there so he could concentrate on me. I did ask prices so I was not in shock. His quality is amazing. Also, I was very impressed with his compassion and knowledge of hair. I walked out of there, very happy with his work and how I looked. I would highly recommend him to anyone