Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Rogaine for Frontal Hair Loss?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Arisemysoul, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I remember reading somewhere Rogaine is not effective for frontal hair loss. Has anyone had a difference experience?

2. Zany

Zany Guest

I think it depends on how your body reacts to the Rogaine. I started Rogaine almost 4 months ago and a few weeks ago I noticed regrowth right at the front hairline in the bang area. I honestly didn't expect that to happen, so I am pleasantly surprised. Now, I'm just waiting to see if it continues to regrow or if it will fall out!

3. pkp828

pkp828 Guest

My dermatologist just had me start Rogaine....5% twice a day. I have frontal hair loss. She told me to just apply it to the vertex part of my head....does that seem right? To not apply it to the front also since that is where I have hair loss? I asked her twice, and she said just the vertex section. Hope it works.

4. ceejaydee

ceejaydee Guest

I've been using rogaine foam 5% for 18 months and have had some good regrowth. Initially, hair regrew along my bangs and temple area but that has slowly disappeared over the last 6 months, so I think it is less effective at the front than elsewhere. I put the foam on the vertex, along the part and at the front of my hair, not sure if its more effective spreading it around or not. Personally, I would say try it.

5. Lost

Lost Guest

I had a derm tell me to apply it everywhere I think I'm losing hair from. I apply it near the front I try not to get to close to forehead. IMO I think the perimeter of our whole head are the hardest place to regrow hair nape,above ears temples and front.I could be wrong but it seems like that.