Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Rogaine Is Helping So Far! With Pics.

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by tula, Mar 30, 2019.

1. tula

tula Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just an update. I started using it about 4 months ago. I am pretty sure I’m a lucky one who did not have a bad shed first and it grew back some hair. But I wanted to post some before and after pics.
    I suffered through this loss for three years before realizing it wasn’t just TE like I kept hoping and bit the bullet.
    My temples filled right in. The top front part is still Very lacking. I’m hoping with time it gets a little better.
    E1B0C814-A427-475A-9E07-FE62C09100BA.jpeg CE6549D1-D9AE-49FC-966F-7B4BF75DFBA2.jpeg

Georgina and TinaM1968 like this.
  2. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Assuming the first pic is the 'after' and the second pic is the 'before'!

OMG, that's amazing progress. Your hairline in the first pic is the hairline of my dreams, tbh. I have some unopened 5% Regaine which I've been really scared to use because of the initial shedding and the fact some people report dark undereye circles, skin ageing etc. I'd be thrilled to recover my temples/hairline.

Have you thought about combining rogaine with microneedling via dermarolling or dermastamping? On the male hair loss forums, a lot of men report a lot of success combining minoxidil with dermarolling, and there are studies showing it increases minoxidil's efficacy. I started using a 1.5mm dermaroller recently and it's too soon to comment on whether it's helping, but I can say it's easy to do and not unpleasant. The idea of rolling needles over the scalp seems really crazy, but it's less painful than plucking eyebrows and much less painful than waxing legs.

3. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That’s some regrowth for 4 months! So awesome! I too dream of this sort of progress! Do you just use it in you temples or all over? I too am concerned with the side effects but I so want a normal life again

#3 TinaM1968, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  4. tula

tula Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use it all on the front half of my scalp. But I’ve been told it is systemic and should work in places you don’t put it too. I use the foam.
    I was terrified of the side effects!! For me, I’m glad I tried it. I got a haircut the other day and my stylist noticed too
    I have my hair in a pixie and it really hides all of my thinning because of where it’s at.
    I’m so much happier at this point. Now I’m hoping it keeps on working!!

TinaM1968 likes this.
  5. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Wishing you the best!!! Thinking of trying myself now same areas as you have mostly temple but the front it getting bad too it’s really all over but they are the worse areas

Please keep us posted on your progress. Is gibes hope!

#5 TinaM1968, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  6. Georgina

Georgina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I got good results using oral/topical minoxidil when I first started. Because I was using the oral version, I would say that my results were 10x better than yours. It’s insane when it works. Happy for you. If you want better results, consider using a 1.5mm dermastamp 1-2 times a week

7. Lhulberg

Lhulberg New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I heard that you have to keep using Rogaine forever. If you stop, all the hair growth from Rogaine will shed all off within 3 months.
    Anybody has had experienced hair loss if we stop using Rogaine?

8. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:

9. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, it looks fabulous, it is tempting me to use it. I tried it maybe 10-14 years ago but it made it worse, I am afraid to try using it again. Also I can't imagine using it forever

10. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Any update?