Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Rogaine results in 16 weeks and 22 weeks?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by hairlosshelp, Jun 15, 2016.

1. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Rogaine for 12 weeks and I haven't had any noticeable results. I'm still shedding and still can see my scalp clearly. My ponytail and braid is still thin. I have lots of baby fine short hairs sticking up but they don't provide any coverage. It's pretty disheartening so far. I was wondering for those who have used Rogaine for a long time, did you see any significant results by 16 weeks and then 22 weeks? I'm not really expecting anything by week 16 at this point but I'm so desperate for results by week 22.

2. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I did not notice a major improvement until about 4.5 almost 5 months. And it took almost 7 months for my shedding to slow down.

3. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Everybody is different but in some of the trials the best results were achieved by 16 weeks.

Are you still shedding dread shed style, hairlosshelp? If it makes you feel better I'm also not seeing any improvement, however, I think my shed is slowing down. I've been shedding significantly less hair over the last 4 days or so. I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

4. hairlosshelp

Dislikes Received:
    oh gosh, that's pretty depressing. I finished week 13 now and there's not much improvement at all. I have lots of similar-length tiny, fine hairs and in the mirror my part looks tighter but my crown still looks as bad as ever. I don't keep count of my shed but I do feel like I've been shedding a lot more than I have these past few months recently. I'm also having some issues with the Rogaine foam itself. I moved recently and I've noticed that the foam has been really runny - I now apply it directly in the cap and take it from there cuz by the time I'm done just one side, it's practically liquid! I'm wondering if this might be due to the heat? I used to keep it out on in the open, but now because a lack of counter space I kept it in a cabinet. Do you think it's because of that? I moved it back out on an open shelf but I'm worried about losing 3 months of supply if the product has been affected.

5. jenine90

jenine90 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You won't see change in density or coverage so quickly, your follicles need to be stimulated, which takes some time and then hair grows slowly.
    The foam does melt quicker in higher temperatures, that's how it melts once on your skin, you can store it in the fridge or cold place to solve this problem. Your supply has not been damaged unless it's been exposed to extreme temperatures :)

6. hairlosshelp

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the response! I was hoping for some awesome results like you had haha.

What I'm doing now is just running cold water on the rogaine container/can (below the lid to make sure no water gets in) for about 20 seconds and it brings it back to its foamy goodness right away!