Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Rogaine update (month 6)

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by maur513, Jun 4, 2016.

1. maur513

maur513 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Rogaine results after 6 months

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to add: my part seems to be filling in but I've been shedding a bit more lately. Hoping it stops. But still happy with current results.

- - - Updated - - -

current hair when it's styled

Attached Files:

2. ChrissyB

ChrissyB Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You look stunning Maur. Definite improvement.

3. maur513

maur513 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much! If I could freeze it as it is now I'd be happy! I've easily lost 1/2 my hair over the past 10 yrs. So depressing...

4. mellie

mellie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, your part definitely looks tighter! Congrats!!
    I'm also going to try Rogaine soon, just not sure if I should start now or wait until summer is over. Did you experience the dread shed or any other side effects from Rogaine?

5. maur513

maur513 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thx! I did not experience one big shed-but in the past 2 months I've been shedding a bit more . My part is still looking better but my hair overall feels a bit thinner, its weird. The texture is also a bit more dried out. I've been using leave in conditioner to offset that. I plan to keep using it!

6. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    your hair looks great. Of course, I don't know what it looked like before Rogaine. but the ones you posted doesn't show any signs of hair loss at all. and keep in mind that if it looks normal to us hairloss sufferers, it will definitely look normal to the average person.

On your shedding, it could be seasonal or it could be Rogaine related. I have been on Rogaine going on 1.5 years and since moving to colorado 9 years ago (I used to live in florida before that, so big change), I have definitely been experiencing seasonal shedding. Late Spring (May and June) and Late fall (November and December) I definitely shed more than other times of the year. when I was in Florida, I seemed to shed the same amount all year long. What has happened on Rogaine is that the same patters is preserved (I still have seasonal shedding), but it is less severe and it doesn't last as long. So, that could be whats going on with you if you always used to have seasonal shedding, Otherwise, I have heard from others on Rogaine that a couple of times a year, they go through a shed similar to dread shed for a few weeks, followed by a period of huge growth, so what you are experiencing could be totally normal.
    It will take a couple of years for you to figure out your hair cycle with Rogaine.

7. maur513

maur513 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate that...but in my first pic you can see how wide my part was getting. When the sun shines on my hair you can see through the whole front, it's that thin. I do a good job using the hair gel stuff from toppik and parting it just right so it doesn't look so obvious but when it's wet you can see scalp and I hate it. I always had a good amount of pretty, curly hair and now it's just ugh. I just don't want to lose any additional hair so trying to do whatever I can. I was told I just have TE that has been occurring frequently. I was pretty stressed w nursing school and my husbands deployment over the last few years and I think it really affected it.

8. sarvnaz123

Dislikes Received:
    the good news is that you are just at 6 months. The max results with Rogaine happens between 1-2 years, so it could even get better than this for you :)!

9. maur513

maur513 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Roagine results @1 year. I guess it's better. My hair feels thinner all over but scalp is improved. Weird. I'll continue to use. hair1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Roagine results @1 year. I guess it's better. My hair feels thinner all over but scalp is improved. Weird. I'll continue to use. hair1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From start to finish (about 3 months apart each pic). The last pic my hair is wet so I think it looks like its worse again but it's actually better. hair pic current.jpg hair pic current.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From start to finish (about 3 months apart each pic). The last pic my hair is wet so I think it looks like its worse again but it's actually better. hair pic current.jpg hair pic current.jpg

10. psunday64

psunday64 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    maur513

I see a lot of improvement! Your part is much tighter and much less scalp showing. Its so hard to tell with our own hair when it actually is growing in because its soooooo slow and subtle. I think my pictures always look worse than my hair actually is for some reason. I try to go more by how it looks when I get out of the shower and see how much of my scalp is showing and how it looks after I have styled it. I think your hair is looking good. I know its up and down and some days you think it looks good and other days you think no not so much. But that's the rollercoaster we are on with rogaine. I am going on 18.5 months now and I can say it has been up and down like that the whole time. But now I can finally say that my hair has definitely improved and every week I can actually see the improvement and know that my hair is getting back to looking normal. It just takes time, but I do believe it works. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I think you have to stick with it through all the ugly so called hair days, more thinning, and more shedding times before it starts to look good again. Through a few hair growth cycles anyway to see a difference. I know that's too scary for most people but I just figured what other option do we have - none. My hair is thinner on top (front) more than it use to be but its filling in more and more and I almost cant see the thinner area anymore. It just may end up being thinner in that area for now on and not get back to the thickness I once had. As long as its covered and I don't have any jacked up areas I am fine with that. But my derm says if its working on you then it will just keep on working and it will just get better and better. So hopefully she is right. Hang in there and stay on it because I definitely am seeing improvements with your hair. Its a journey that sucks, no doubt, but it seems to be working for you!!

11. sarvnaz123

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,
    I have been on Rogaine for 2 years now. For me the max improvement happened around 4-6 month mark. After that, it just maintained. I still go through periods of shedding every 2-3 months. I don't know if that is normal or not, but I was hoping Rogaine would stop the shedding, but it hasn't :hmmm:.

Maur513,
    Have you experienced periods of increased shedding on Rogaine?
    Thanks