Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Rogaine Users!! Need Help And Advice

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Harleen Gill, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Harleen Gill

Harleen Gill Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys,

I've been using rogaine for almost 2 years. Was doing okay. Still experiencing up and down sheds but not terribly high. I only shed super low last summer but for the most part had been averaging at about 60-65 hairs a day. I have been going through a shed the past couple months (starting in May) and averaging at 80-90 hairs a day and the past couple weeks I have been averaging at 100 hairs a day. Has anyone else been experiencing something similar over the course of their use of rogaine? Any personal stories would be really helpful right now :(. I'm starting to worry that rogaine might not work for me anymore.. and although I was doing okay thinking the shed would pass the last couple months seeing it get worse has got me feeling pretty down

elixirhtc likes this.
  2. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's very nice to discuss about your successful story about the hair shedding of up and down then you have used the rogaine for 2 years which make you feel better but it's not for the case of everyone that might be different for other people according to nature of their hair , the success for hair loss treatment by fue hair resotration surgery in Islamabad could really give best results for many people ...

3. tula

tula Member

Dislikes Received:
    Harleen,
    I am experiencing similar. It is very stressful to see all of the progress I made just disappear. I had amazing regrowth after about 4 months on rogaine and it stayed that way for a good year. Then I noticed a slight up tick in shedding, but nothing crazy. Now 6 months after that I am shedding much more and I am seeing an actual loss of hair spot right in the front of my scalp on the hairline. My temples are thinner now but not as bad as they were when I first lost it all. I am so worried the rogaine just stopped working. I am sorry I have no real answers for you. Just know you are not alone.
    My hope is that in the winter when my shed started we were doing a home renovation and I basically stopped taking all of my vitamins (iron, zinc, multi and D) and I am hoping that triggered a shed and it will grow back. I am now not shedding as bad as I was last month, so fingers crossed. I shed probably 50-60 on wash days. I know it is normal range but my hair is noticeably thinner.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been on Rogaine for about ten years and this summer I have started seeing more shedding but am thinking that might be due to stopped Cyproterone after finding out it can cause brain tumors. I'm still using dutasteride though.

snowflake likes this.