Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Roller coaster ride

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sheeny, Apr 19, 2016.

1. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just have to vent- this hair loss stuff is really such a ride! One minute I feelgood about myself & the next I don't. I swear I can't tell if my hair is getting better or if it has drsmatically declined in the past year. As I was studying every angle of my head last night, I got so upset with myself. It is not healthful AT ALL to look at yourself in the mirror as much as I do, take so many pictures of my head, etc. And the shedding, just drives me insane! Ok, I feel better now! Lol thanks for listening ❤️

2. DisTressing

DisTressing Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You're in excellent company if it helps! I am in the exact same boat. Sometimes it looks like it's improving Then it reverts to hideous in a brief period of time. Now the left side seems to be improving with some density as entire right side of my head has vanished, losing all that I've built up the last couple of months. I study every angle of my hair too. I take thousands of pix. It sucks. But at least there are others who understand. :)

3. Anya_B

Anya_B Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Sheeny, I so agree with you, these ups and downs are so confusing. But I understand now that most of the time I do it to myself, I make myself feel bad, so I just try not to dwell on this problem for too long. I wash my hair, let myself feel upset for 20 minutes and just move on.
    Taking pictures doesn't help, that I learned by now. I used to take dozens every day, now I take a few each week. Taking pictures every 5 minutes won't show you much, but it will make you feel bad, so just forbid yourself to do it, set a limit. The thing with the pictures is that I don't think any one of us had known how the tops of our heads looked like before hair loss has happened.

4. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for relpying!
    DS- Yes, It seems like one side is improving on my head but the other side (which was always my 'good' side) might be getting worse? I don't know! I almost don't care at this point, to be honest ;) But then some days, like the other day, my hair feels like it can pass for somewhat normal.
    Anya- Yes, for sure. I don't dwell too long, but sometimes I can't help it. & YES! I was just thinking about that today- I wish I had pictures of the top of my head from 10 years ago lol. or maybe I don't ;)

5. fleur1979

fleur1979 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I totally get this. For me it also depends on the shedding. On bad days (crazy amount of shedding) I feel like I need a hair piece really bad. I feel like everyone looks at my sad looking hair. But on days that my shed is a little less (still nowhere where it should be), I feel reasonable oke. Today for example was a very bad day. My sink was covered in hair this morning and this afternoon. These days I really freak out and drive myself crazy that nobody can find a cause for my CTE. Still, I had some good days the past months where I felt I could cope and looked oke (just someone with normal thin hair).

- - - Updated - - -

6. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Completely know how you feel. This past month has actually been the month I've cried the least since all of this started b/c even though I just started using minoxidil, I thought my hair might be looking better, at least on the side part. But when I took 1 month picture updates a few days ago, I realized that I actually don't have any regrowth and it was pretty discouraging even though I told myself that it would be quite impossible to see visible results in just 1 month.

7. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    Fleur- yes, the shedding is a horrible mind game. I can't remember what is normal & what isn't anymore!
    HLH- I'm glad you feel a little better! Trust me-one month is too soon. Give it another few weeks ;)