Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

seasonal shedding :(

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by m83, Mar 29, 2012.

1. m83

m83 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Is anyone experiencing a seasonal shed right now? I am. After a few months of not shedding much I'm shedding again and mainly short hairs which I thought were my regrowth. It's really depressing :thumbsdown:

2. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Me. :thumbdown2: I always start shedding around spring time. The slow down occurs during the winter for me. I really don't understand it too well tbh.

3. m83

m83 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    it's really interesting... the timing of the seasonal shed seems to be constant across the board rather than varying from person to person.

I was reading this site where they say that reducing exposure to sunlight seems to decrease seasonal hair shedding:

http://www.hairinformation.com/hair-gro ... owth.shtml

I wonder if we can just stay indoors in the dark all spring and summer and reduce the seasonal shed!

4. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Not I. I was a seasonal shedder only when I was treating my hair loss (with rogaine). And it was only in the summer. It's not just common in spring.. if you go back far enough on the boards, you'll see shedding posts increase every season change.

5. FLgirl

FLgirl Guest

Now that I have had hair loss for over two years, I notice I have a seasonal shedding pattern. But mine is in the fall/winter (it gets really bad), then I seem to recover in the spring/summer. Right now my shed is down a lot and I'm happy about it... fingers crossed.

6. Vlal

Vlal Guest

That would just make my Vit. D deficieny even worse! :roll:

7. worriedmommy

worriedmommy Guest

I tend to have seasonal shedding in the fall/winter months. I wonder if it has anything to where you live?

8. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I get allergies now around the same time I shed... I never had allergies till I developed autoimmune thyroid disease. :thumbdown2:

9. maxjhon

maxjhon Guest

Hi there, yup you are right.. seasonal shedding do started as the seasons change, it depends on the weather and temperature of places and it varies person to person. But there are various remedies to overcome the seasonal shedding. Must apply proper oiling masks regularly it would be beneficial.

10. Kelly7

Kelly7 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hair loss slowed down for nearly 3 months and for the past week, ive been experiencing more hair loss again. I washed my hair today and lost over 100 pieces of short hair, so I guess I'm losing my regrowth:( I also had 8 pieces of short, fly away hairs, so would this mean the dermatologist was wrong that I have TE and I actually have Androgenetic Alopecia?
    Could this be just seasonal shedding

11. Kelly7

Kelly7 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    M83- I do not go out in the sun, so perhaps I am not experiencing seasonal shedding. I started losing hair at the end of May 2011, so maybe I will continue to lose it until winter:((
    I was hoping that I was recovering...

12. cinderella1

cinderella1 Guest

My hair has always shed heaverly over autumn for about 3 months, since having chemo and taking tamoxifen for the last 4 years I have not had a seasonal shed! Does anyone know why this is?

13. loriemlee

loriemlee Guest

I tend to start losing my hair in the spring. I end up losing all of it during the summer.