Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Seborrheic Dermatitis. I Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by MeliM, Jul 13, 2019.

1. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi. I'm having a really bad seborrheic dermatitis flare up at the moment. Last time it was like this it went away on it's on but this time it's been weeks. I think coloring my hair triggered it. I hadn't colored it in around 3 years before I decided to do it again. And boom my hair is shedding like crazy and my SD is in full effect. Has anyone found a good shampoo that has cleared up their SD bit didn't cause extra shedding? Thank you, Melinda.

2. KayJane

KayJane New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I am having the same problem. I have used ketoconozale 2% and it improved the SD but it’s definitely still there just less noticeable than before. I have tried all kinds of dandruff shampoos but none seem to work for me. I am interested to hear what other people say. Right now I am traveling in Ukraine and don’t have my normal shampoo but I went to my some and the lady recommended this one and said that it’s better than ketaconozale https://www.apivita.com/uk/new/say-goodbye-to-dryscalp-and-dandruff/ I have only used it once so I’m not sure how well it actually works but I will update you about it.

MeliM likes this.
  3. Marsha

Marsha Member

Dislikes Received:
    I too just had another episode of seb dermatitis and new hair loss in a different place after coloring my hair after a long time. The salon uses all organic and it didn’t happen before now I think this time started it. Using Keto 2% stopped the seb but not the new hair loss. After seeing many many dermatologists over the years with no results I finally found a great one years ago who prescribed Luxiq and my hair started coming back. It is very expensive and very strong but only thing that worked. Started it now again and hoping....

MeliM likes this.
  4. Marsha

Marsha Member

Dislikes Received:
    Also I use Hair and Shoulders when I stop the keto 2% and I find it works very well.

MeliM likes this.
  5. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you ladies . When I have SD my scalp burns and I also sometimes feel there's a sand/salt like texture build up. Anyone else experience this ??

Sheri2352 likes this.
  6. Marsha

Marsha Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, if u can get Luxiq...it’s expensive, but some Medicare Advantage plans cover it with PA...it’s the ONLY thing that helped/helps me with it quickly after seeing about 15 dermatologists. I think there is now a generic, tho not sure.

7. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. I will definitely look it up . Did you notice any extra hair loss while using it?

8. Marsha

Marsha Member

Dislikes Received:
    No additional hair loss but it’s strong and it will help with SD, but it should be stopped once SD is gone; meaning not to be used for hair loss. I have used Rogaine for that, the SD was for me an unfortunate additional problem.

9. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you . I've suffered from hair loss since 2012 . For the first few years I didn't have dermatitis but then all of a sudden boom I did! I think it was from a natural hair loss shampoo I tried that triggered it .

10. Sheri2352

Sheri2352 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes!! Me too.... nobody knows what it is??? I get obsessed with it. I can’t stop trying to scratch/rub them off

11. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It drives me crazy!