Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Semi-permenant makeup in UK; eyebrows, eyelashes, lips

Discussion in 'Hats, Wraps, Cosmetic Options for Alopecians' started by Seni, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Seni

Seni Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had my eyebrows tattooed in January and this morning I had my eyelashes enhanced with semi permenant makeup eyeliner. I am beginning to lose some eyelashes on my lower lashes and I wanted to have my eyelashes enhanced in case I lose more hair from this area.

Eyelash enhancement is: a thin line of pigment that goes through the upper and lower lash line. It is very subtle and does not give you a madeup look.

The proces is:

Begin by applying an anasethetic gel to the lash line. Wait several mins for it to take effect. Use tattoo needle without pigment to prick the skin then apply more anaesthetic gel to go deeper into the skin. You then have the upper lash line tattooed with pigment. There is no pain and very little sensation at all. You then have the same process on the lower lash line. With the lower lashes you eyes are open, this is perfectly OK because you look up and to the corner of the room so you can't see the permenant makeup artists hand. They don't come directly in front of your eye with the needle, they approach your eye from the side and at an angle so you can't see them working.

I have a very low pain threshold and I hate needles, injections and nearly faint if I have to have a blood test and I can handle this procedure perfectly ok.

I live in the UK, I can thouroughly recommend the lady that does my work, she is fab. www.belindahayle.com

It is a huge weight off my mind to know that now if I lose any more eyelashes I have this eyelash enhancement already in place. :)

2. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

That sounds fantastic, I looked up the website. Sooo expensive though - yikes !
    I bet you feel great, with new defined brows and less worry about losing hair in that area.

3. Seni

Seni Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, it is a huge relief to have eyebrows again and the eyelash enhancement is super too. As far as cost goes, once you have the initial treatment you only need to go back approx once every 18 months or so for a top up and that is cheaper. I figure that when I used to go to a hairdresser to have my hair cut, coloured etc.. I would spend quite a lot of money over the course of a year so having the semi-permenant makeup is really only using up the money that I used to budget for my hair anyways. Psychologically it really has made a huge difference. XX

4. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

I would love to go there, but sadly not in the UK :(
    Its great you have found somewhere like this for you and your self esteem.
    I have been wanting to get my eyebrows tattoed for a while, they are disappearing at an alarming rate ! But I am nervous about where to go. I need to find something like this closer to home. Thanks for the info, at least I know what to search for now.

5. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a look at her website her works looks excellent!

Nikks I wonder if the NAFF have a list of recommended beauticians doing this sort of work, Joann might know

6. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

Thanks Dancer, I will do some research.

7. Seni

Seni Member

Dislikes Received:
    Further to my post of last year, I had my eyebrows touched up by Belinda recently just to keep them looking perfect, she has done another fantastic job on me. Any ladies in the UK please check out her website, details above, her work really enables me to face the world with confidence.