Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Shampoo to use for Androgenetic Alopecia/Dermatitis?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by mrvitous26, Jan 30, 2015.

1. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all,

Yeah I know it has been a while since I have been on here. I just get tired of thinking about it as I'm sure you all can understand.

So this is month 4 of Rogaine, and the results have been pretty amazing considering! With the way it was falling out during month 1, I was expecting that it would take 6 months-a year to restore but WOW it looks great! I will post pictures later.

I work out every day and have an oily scalp. I am sure the fact that I sweat so much/work out so much doesn't help my scalp but I love working out! I feel like shampooing it every day is just drying it out though...:/ What do I use for a shampoo that won't make it itch and feel even more oily? I feel like I am so limited with what I can use. HELP!!! Currently I am using Aveda Scalp Therapy but like everything else, you get used to it or something so it is not as effective after a while. I still like it, but I am looking for other options.

Do any of you use dry shampoos? I don't see this going so well. Conditioner is not my friend but curious if any of you with Androgenetic Alopecia use it?

It's hard not to wash it everyday because well...my scalp needs it! The Rogaine leaves build up and it feels itchy when I don't wash. I have more hair loss too.

The hair loss is very minimal at this point but I do notice that when I use products like mousse or hair spray, I have more hair loss which is normal I am sure.

Anyways I would love to know what you use.

Thanks in advance. :)

-Michelle

2. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You could try shampooing with something like this: https://www.honest.com/bath-and-body/shampoo-body-wash. I just started using it on my kids and told my husband he should try it (he has seb. dermatitis).

I have to use conditioner -- my hair would look even worse without it. Right now I'm using Pantene Weightless Conditioner and it works fine. I don't think it weighs my hair down at all. I also use this leave-in spray before drying and it really helps with the dry/frizzy texture: http://www.amazon.com/Its-10-Miracle-Leave-Ounce/dp/B007L5H7XK#.

3. Ginger1113

Ginger1113 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mrvitious26...Yes, I do use conditioner everyday and I have Androgenetic Alopecia. I am using one right now called Jason. It's a natural one. If I don't use it , my hair is a tangled mess. Why is it not your friend. Do you have Androgenetic Alopecia?