Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"
  1. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

That name doesnt ring a bell, no...

2. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Oh, It IS from the United States...(dr hauschka, I thought it was from Germany..)

Here a link to their site; I surfed to the hairshampoo page and an online shop!
    http://www.drhauschka.com/holistic-prod ... maged+hair

It is not cheap, but you need very less of it. I might now be even cheaper for me to buy it online in dollars then in euro's here.... :)

3. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Goodyear,

I have some of Dr. Hauschka's products and absolutely love them: I have the watercress-lemon shampoo, the lemon body wash and lemon body oil, and the deoderant. All natural and no harsh chemicals. Smells fresh and clean. I order it on line fron Skin 1. Yes, it's pricey alright, but a treat I feel I'm entitled to.

4. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Yeah, it is absolutely great stuff. I also use creams for my skin.
    Don't use their make-up: my experiences with a conceiler and a mascara are not so good (falls of!). Bummer...

5. hairyape

hairyape Guest

The watercress/lemon shampoo leaves the hair shiny, and less oil on the scalp throughout the day. I don't use it everyday because it's not really part of my regimen, but, as a treat on an "off day" it's very pampering, so are the body products. It leaves me with the feeling of having been in a spa.

6. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

Dr. Hauschka sounds familiar but I don't remember seeing it in stores in the US??

Where do you girls get those organic shampoos you mentioned?

7. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

I am from Europe and buy it there in 'organic stores' or something that looks like it. I think in the US that might be the same?

8. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Live,

Goodyear porsted the link of where to buy Dr. Hauschka's products:

http://www.drhauschka.com/holistic-prod ... maged+hair

The organic SLS-Free shampoos can be purchased at a whole food or health food store. You can also get them on line.

9. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

Oh, I'm sorry. I was referring to the few shampoos which a few people mentioned earlier.

It's okay though. I just started using Nizorol today (after being convinced by kiara) and it's pretty good!

10. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I just bought some zinc shampoo instead of nizoral, but I just read that in a study Nizoral increased hair diameter and reduced sebum, while zinc did the opposite..who uses Zinc shampoo? I am thinking about returning it....

11. alicat

alicat Guest

never heard of zinc shampoo, bh. anyone?

12. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

I think many dandruff shampoos/highly cleansing ones CONTAIN zinc?? Hmm I think Head and Shoulders does?
    I don't know about ZINC shampoo though lol

And yeah, there were studies shown that Nizoral increases hair diameter and such. It makes me not have dandruff, and if it increases hair diameter then I'm going to continue to use it! =)
    It also says "1%" and I believe it's a minoxidil.-like ingredient?? It's pretty amazing since it keeps my waves, makes my hair clean, and less shed!! hehe :punk: I recommend it!!

13. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Wasn't it that they say it is a DHT blocker? (Nizoral)
    The 1% isn't that ketakonazole or something like that?

But: shampoo: does ik really work against hairloss? I only have a few minutes the shampoo in my hair and then: its already gone. I just cannot believe that works..I am not using any hair loss shampoo, but just organic Dr, hauschka. I wondered that there had to be something nice and natural for my hair as I am already torturing it with my topical Spironolactone and my diane35 which makes my skin even more dryer then it already was.

14. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I just bought the Nizoral 2% shampoo yesterday, gonna try it soon. They didn't have 1% at any of the stores I went to so I got 2%

15. ttc

ttc Guest

Goodyear~ I have tried a plethora of shampoos and regardles of what they claim, I really don't think any are much help with hair loss!! The last system I bought was Frederic Fekkai's system for thinning hair. Funny how they claim to be able to wash away DHT. I'm not convinced! I think some may benefit the scalp with moisturizers or something, but for the most part I don't think it makes a difference. I suppose I wouldn't use the cheapo junky ones that strip hair, but other than that...a decent shampoo is a decent shampoo.

16. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

That's exactly what I think. On the Dutch hairloss board a guy (really into all chemical stuff etc) claims that shampoo must work because the water with the active part will absorbe in a few minutes in your scalp. I just do'nt know. If it was that easy, why aren't we using anti-DHT shampoos all the time: shampoo with minoxidil in it, or finasteride or duta, or cpa......hmmm. none of that. My hair fits well with organic shampoo and is more soft then ever! My hair deserves such a gentle treatment! The nizoral stuff makes your hair not better, but only the scalp if you have dandruff etc.

17. alicat

alicat Guest

yeah i have never seen 1% either. i think we only have 2% here in canada, angie.

18. I wrote this in another post I thnk...can't remember where! But makes sense to put it here...
    I use Bed Head Tigi superstar for thick massive hair - shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is sulphate free btw.
    They make my hair really soft, and it looks fuller so I recommend it. You can get it on ebay if they dont sell it abroad - costs about £8-£10 for the tube of each, but itll last ages because you only need the tiniest little bit of it - the shampoo you need about the size of a 10p piece and it lathers up loads.
    Anyway thats my 2 cents! I'm going to keep using it - hope if you decide to give it a go it works!

19. ginawat

ginawat Guest

Here in the states you need a prescription for 2%...only 1 can be bought at the g-stores.

20. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I used it today for the first time... it smells so bad! And it doesn't make suds so it's hard to know where I need to shampoo.