Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

shedding like CRAZY!!!!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by fleur1979, Aug 10, 2015.

1. fleur1979

fleur1979 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    almost 4 months into iron supplement, and the hair loss has never been sooo bad.

- Loosing 300 hairs a day (already lost 60%)
    - Total volume loss
    - Losing a lot of hair with a kink in it. (thick and coarse)
    - Hair is turning yellowish and extremely dry
    - Scalp pain.. tingling ... itch... redness.

I have a topper at home, but I am uncomfortable wearing hair. I just really want my hair back... Like all of you ofcourse?

If I just let my hair hang this is what it looks like just oke, but

If the wind blows or if I put my hair aside, this is it:

I am getting depressed by this. I hate to admit that it takes a part of my life. I don't want to date anymore... and feel insecure at work...

Sorry for my complaining.... needed to vent

Attached Files:

2. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Fleur - vent away!!!! I am really sorry for what you're going through. My hair loss sounds and looks like yours in the close ups - shedding a ton without understanding why is the pits. Any thoughts re: hairs with a kink in it? I am not losing a lot of those, but I do see a couple of hairs fall out every day with a bunch of kinks in them, which I find strange, since that's just not the texture of my hair (it feels like I am looking at someone else's hair, lol).

By the way - I just wanted to say your hair looks absolutely gorgeous in the headshot picture of you. I would never know you have hair loss - in fact I'd have hair envy if I saw you on the street. ;) I know that doesn't help much to allievate stress when the hair loss is very real - esp having to watch a distressing shed every day - but you look great. Don't stop dating!! :)

3. fleur1979

Dislikes Received:
    thanks eliza..

I think those kinked hairs are so weird also. My hair is normally straight. Also the kinked hairs feel very coarse and thick and have a yellow colour. very weird.

4. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with both Sarah and Eliza, nothing in your pictures suggests hair loss to me, but I understand the frustration of knowing you are losing hair, even if others are telling you it looks fine. I will say that I think my hair looks much worse right now, not necessarily because I have less density but because my individual hair diameter is much thinner than yours, judging from your pictures. What kinds of blood tests have you had?

To be completely honest, the scalp pain and redness is alarming to me. Have you been to a dermatologist?

Have you experienced anything in the last 6 months that could cause hair loss?

5. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes scalp itchiness, redness, irritation etc. is an indicator of seb. derm, which can cause hair loss. If you haven't already, you might want to get a prescription for Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo? I don't even have any real seb. derm symptoms and both my dermatologists recommended I use it, just in case it helps. So could definitely be worth a try in your case.

6. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Fleur,

I really like your hair, it's really cute. I understand how you feel, it is a horrible feeling to be confronted with hair loss all the time by seeing hairs everywhere.For the texture of your hair it might help to use a mask once a week made of gelatin (gelatinpowder mixed with hot water and some honey) and use a good oil in your hair in your hair about once a week ( i use coconut oil).

7. fleur1979

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Sarah thanks but my hair is everything but amazing unfortunately. I think it looks better in the pics. When my hair is wet it is more see through then ever. Also in the sunlight I see so much more scalp. I did have my thyroid checked many times in the 4 years of hair loss, but it was fine.

Scalp biobsies confirmed CTE, but I also lose hair with a black end and not a white bulb...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi eliza,

I tried ketoconazole, but made it worse. I do have a mild case of seb. derm...now it is actually better then in the past. I do lose hair also on the places where there is no eczema. I am going to te derm in 6 weeks and just force him to check the scalp inflammtion better.
    Thanks for your advice.. all of you.. ... makes me feel a little less alone..

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to buy some gelatinpowder today and try it. Do you do it in wet hair, after or before shampoo. Do you shampoo afterwards.

I read somewhere it can't be put on the scalp. Is it bad for scalp inflammation?

Does it make the hair better combable and less dry? My hair is sooooo dry

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

this is everywhere that I part my hair. Used to be no scalp visisble.

the shedding drives me nuts!

Attached Files:

8. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    the way i use the gelatin, i mix one teaspoon with about 2 tablespoons of boiling water and a squirt of honey, i don't let it congeal completely.
    i like the texture best when it is still a liquid.
    After i have wet my hair i our the liquid over my hair and leave it in for about 5 minutes, i just rinse it of but i suppose you could also wash your hair after.
    What is also really nice for your hair is put some twigs of rosemary in a bowl with boiling water and after about half an hour/ an hour you will have a very nice rinse for your hair. it will make it a lot shinier and it is also very good for your scalp.

9. JKSZ

JKSZ Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I love your hairstyle! Regarding the kinky hairs (I lose them too), I've read they're caused by DHT sensitivity, like miniaturized hairs. I notice the kinky hairs I shed don't have bulbs.

10. fleur1979

Dislikes Received:
    thank, but I am getting a haircut this weekend....not sure what to do yet

I heard about the kinked hair and DHT sensitity, but what I think is strange is that it happened somewhat overnight. The good news is that I lose those hairs a lot and the regrowth that I do have has a softer structure is normal brown compared to the thick yellowish course kinked hairs...

Somedays, I brainwash myself saying all those kinked hairs (60% of my hair left) needs to fall out in order to get healthy growth back, but: 1) regrowth is not as much as the loss. 2) regrowth still is very short...