Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Should I buy this wig?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Nerak, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi

As you can see on my avatar my own hair was poker straight - I have never needed straighteners.

Recently I have been really attracted to this wig, which is wavy.

http://www.simplywigs.co.nz/Julianne-by-Jon-Renau (it's sooooo pretty!)

Do you think I can 'get away' with it? Will it be too crazy a change?

I haven't worn my hair loose in pubic since October and what remains of it (less than 50%) is cut to shoulder length.

I don't want to waste money on a piece that won't work so I'd really like to know what experienced wearers think.

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    If it will cover all your bio hair - then go for it!

3. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's very cute! I'm definitely one of those people who likes to play around with different hair colors and styles, so I say, "Why not?" :) This site has a picture in the customer reviews section, so you can check that out before you make your decision. Plus it looks like it's a little cheaper, and they seem to have a better return policy just in case you're not happy with it.

http://www.wigs.com/julianne-by-jon-renau.html

4. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think heralopecia.com will probably have reviews/photos from forum members about this wig. Jon Renau seems to be a very popular brand.

I don't have any experience at all with wigs, but from looking at the product photos, it's very pretty and looks very real! The parting and lacefront hairline look great. That wavy 'lob' style is really fashionable at the moment too.

I could be wrong, but I think the huge difference in style/texture could actuallybe a good 'hide' for the sudden change. Anyone you know will be distracted by the fact your hair is suddenly curly when it never has been before, which is a much bigger surprise than your hair suddenly being thicker. If people ask and you don't want to 'come out' about your hair loss, you can say something like "oh yeah, I got it permed". Curls give hair more body so it'd be believable it would look fuller. And if you've always worn your hair up in the last few months, nobody really knows what your hair looks like down anyway, or what length it is. So I would guess you can easily get away with a drastic change.

5. Lyric

Lyric Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've not purchased one yet, been I've studying the Jon Renau line lately. If you get this wig I'd like to hear what you think of it, but personally I prefer only human hair wigs these days. I don't know how those prices translate to US dollars, but I think I would save a a bit more and get one of their Smart Lace HH wigs. Their Nicole is a similar length and costs about $700 US, though I've seen it new on eBay for a hundred less. I found a good YouTube reviewer who had some useful info on the Renau HH line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGXNJZvayd4