Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Shower day vent

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by nitu1, Sep 12, 2016.

1. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Every time I shower,my hair falls out like crazy.....it seemed a bit better but as of August it's back up again. I have curly hair and I try to make sure it's not tangled but still it just falls out.....I think I have CTE :(. Sometimes it doesn't even pull but it's falls out with no tugging much like the fall leaves :sobbing:

2. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Falling out from the root in clumps....it wasnt this bad before but the last month its terrible.....

3. Alice26

Alice26 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry. I know it is so hard. I hate washing my hair too.

4. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am so tired of dealing with this, its constant stress that causes me so much uneasiness and tension....i even tell the kids, my mommy is having a bad day because of this and sadly my older kid even understands

5. JenVoy

JenVoy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I get it! I have a 3 1/2 year old and he wants to play with my hair so badly. I wear it up everyday because of the constant hair fall. I purposely wash it daily. I hate skipping days because it's worse.

6. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi nitu1,
    I just lost a huge tumbleweed of hair in the shower a few minutes ago so I feel you so bad. It's so awful and bizarre to feel this level of anxiety about taking a shower and it's something I never thought I'd experience. As crappy as it is, I shower daily because when I skip days seeing the even huger tumbleweed I produce almost puts me in the hospital. I'm so sorry we're all experiencing this and I truly wouldn't ever wish this on my worst enemy.

7. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't and can't shower daily and it's today was the day, missed it, so I am sure I am going to be crying tomorrow

8. ElPatoEllington

Dislikes Received:
  9. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hate washing my hair too. Every time I do it looks worse than before.

10. Justiinaa

Justiinaa Member

Dislikes Received:
    Shower days are rough for me, too. I avoid washing as long as I can and have found a great dry shampoo that lets me really extend my days between washes. I feel like my shedding has decreased this week, and it doesn't seem a coincidence to me that I have gone four days without washing my hair. Coping with the loss is tough, but even more mentally taxing to see clumps of hair falling out in the shower

11. CurlyQ

CurlyQ Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, it's eye-opening to hear that other women feel as I do when I shower and have to wash my hair. I've talked to a few family members about my hair shedding/thinning and they don't get it. They feel as long as I don't have any bald spots then I'm okay. So scraggly hair is normal I guess?? SMH.

I'm just sticking with a short haircut these days. It helps to see shorter hairs rather than longer strands in the shower or sink.

12. ElPatoEllington

Dislikes Received:
    I've given up on trying to talk to just about anyone about my shedding. I don't know if the thought of hair loss freaks them out or if they just think I'm insane, but, either way, they don't seem to acknowledge it.

I agree with you about the short hairs. Somewhere in my mind I've convinced myself they don't really "count." If I thought I could hack a short hair cut I'd be all over it!

13. micky

micky Member

Dislikes Received:
    When I shower, I feel like I could literally brush every single hair off my head if I really wanted to. So much comes out, it's sickening, and this has been going on for over 4 years. I don't know what to do anymore

14. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't even let anyone touch my hair