Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Snowing scalp

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by DarkWitch1111, May 27, 2015.

1. DarkWitch1111

DarkWitch1111 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just (yesterday) shaved my head again as I can still see some bald and thinning patches showing through ad I then washed it in a generic anti dandruff shampoo and today my scalp is snowing. You can also see the dry skin peeling off and there's a weird patch of skin on my crown which is all wrinkly. Anybody know what's going on? Also wondering if any of you have tried generic rogiane instead of the brand itself and if it works as well. I might try that if after a few more weeks on Inositol I don't see much mire improvements. Thanks

2. Roxana

Roxana Member

Dislikes Received:
    Darkwitch, I have heavy dandruff known as Seborrheic Dermatitis. I am using steroid lotion and ketoconazol. The medications has helped to some extent but not as much as I expected. But that's because mine has been left untreated for long time and treating it takes so much time and effort. As my doctor explained to me, the steroid lotion works on symptoms while nizoral kills the fungus that is actually causing flakes. So you might consider asking your derm to prescribe you topical solutions for your dandruff.
    I have also lost tremendous amount of hair all over especially where the dandruff is the worst, I have got bald spots.
    I am afraid I have no experience with rogain; I know it can cause/deteriorate dandruff, especially in liquid form. Maybe the foam is a better option if you already have dandruff.
    You need to be patient with dandruff because it will take some time to treat. Wish you the bests