Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

So I've been prescribed the dreaded Microgestin 1.5 Fe

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by eggplant, Sep 17, 2016.

1. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had been on Nortel 7/7/7 before (35mcg EE/norethindrone 0.5, 0.75, 1mg) which was prescribed my former endocrinologist. But I wanted to try doing the "every 3 months menstrual period" thing, which wouldn't work with a triphasic like Nortrel. So my current endo was going to prescribe me something new. I picked it up yesterday and it's Junel 1.5 Fe (aka Microgestin).

Now I know people complain about this one but I hear different things. When I research androgen activity in BCP's this one is considered high due to the 1.5 mg of norethindrone. But folks on here usually say (IIRC) that their shedding started AFTER they went OFF the microgestin. So I'm confused as to whether this is actually helpful to be on (perhaps the norethindrone is a weak competitor for receptors??).

I guess I'm just debating calling my endocrinologist for something else even though I jut picked up a three month supply of this.