Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

So Sad. I Don’t Want To Live Like This For He Rest Of My Life.

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Sunshine85, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am so sad about my hair. I noticed it being a lot thinner about 6 months ago Before that I noticed it was thinner 10 year ago but it stayed abot the same and was a normal amount of hair, just wasn’t thick like in my childhood. I look at
    Pictures over like 7 years and my hair thickness appears to vary quite a lot...thinner in some thicker in others.

I guess my hair loss just likes to progesss all at once.

I really thought it would look better by now, but it looks the same or maybe even worse. I deluded myself into thinking it got better but it still looks sad and thin.

My hair is now truly thin. I bought some clip in hair extensions but they are too dark. Hoping we can dd then lighter , but even they look good I am sad I can’t jsut feel pretty or normal anymore. I do not have a face suited for short hair and am devastated I will probably feel bad about how I look for the rest of my life. I feel embarrassed when people who knew me before see me.

I know it’s just hair but I never feel good about my appearance. Honestly I would rather gain 20 lbs than have this..

I don’t feel feminine at all. Neither of my parents had thin hair, my randmas hair dew back thick after chemo. I remember when I was younger thinking how some people had only a quarter of the hair I had.
    Now that’s me...

I know it’s a depressing rant but no one in real life wants to heart about something they can’t do anything about.

TinaM1968 likes this.
  2. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear Sunshine - please look up in our wonderful community a post by Member Anita, dd June 2, 2018. Best words of consolation ever. We need more posts like hers to keep sane. They truly lifted me up.

3. Jtilly

Jtilly Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Sunshine!
    I’m so sorry you’re having a terrible time of things right now...
    I feel your pain as I’m in the same dreadful place right now.
    Mine happened uber fast, was even way thicker in June... Now it’s turning into strings hanging off my head...
    And I also don’t feel like I have the face for short hair or bald.
    Tho I have seriously considered shaving it the last couple of days since my shedding is now at 300 a day.. I don’t think I can stomach continuing to watch it all fall off like I had chemo treatments.

Sending lots of love and hugs your way!! I know this is a crap deal!!
    Never ever would I have imagined...

Big hugs!! ❤️

4. Simona1986

Simona1986 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You are not alone!
    You don't say what problem you have : Androgenetic Alopecia, te, etc... From my experience I don't recommend clip on extensions. Are too heavy for a thin hair with weak roots. The clips injure more and cause more hair loss. A better way are halo extensions or flip in and the faux ponytails.

5. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks ladies! It is nice to know I am not alone.

Jtilly likes this.
  6. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:

I don’t know really. Probably do have Androgenetic Alopecia but it is more male pattern. Hair at roots is thick. Only my right temple is thin. It’s weird because it has filled in before and fallen out. Maybe te too? I ave a thyroid disorder - hashimotos, about a year ago my thyroid was 6ish. It is finally below three this month after being high all year. Who knows.

With clip ins- I have curly hair so struggle
    With finding products that would go with my hair. These clip in’s acirallt marched urls. I would not wear them all the time
    Only when I go out etc. would love to find a solution but don’t know how to go to because most people do straight extensions.

7. Jtilly

Dislikes Received:
    Well... My dermatologist took one biopsy from my temple area, where it’s always been thin and is generally thin there for many women...
    Mine always has been thin there since I was a kid and it didn’t bother me because I had so much hair and I noticed it on many other women.
    Anyways.. I thought when they do a biopsy, they usually take 2 to 3 samples? But who knows...
    It came back saying I have telogen effluvium accompanied by androgenetic alopecia. That 36% of my hair was in telogen effluvium.
    That’s all it said.
    I’ve looked at my scalp under a microscope many, many times. I do have some variation of size of hair, but mainly thicker hairs with groupings of 2-3 or more...
    Until recently... Now there are more spots where it’s just 1 terminal hair. Which I read by Dr. Donovan is common to see in TE.
    Dr. Donovan (Dermatologist from Canada in case you’re not familiar) said that it’s common for many people to have “some” miniaturization, or variation of hair diameter... He said that it is considered Androgenetic Alopecia when variation is more than 20%...
    I wish so much I could go see him!
    But yeah.. as far as I know I have mild Androgenetic Alopecia from what I have seen with my own eyes, but main problem is a severe telogen effluvium.
    I’ve read some women report that that they have TE with Androgenetic Alopecia, but once they figured out the trigger of the TE, they were able to recover the lost hair, and granted they still had Androgenetic Alopecia, but there hair got thicker again..
    I’m so desperate to get my extreme shedding to stop.

What type of hair loss do you have?
    Forgive me if you mentioned before and I forgot...

8. Jtilly

Dislikes Received:
    Oh my gosh!!
    I am so sorry!! That question wasn’t for me! I feel dumb now... ‍♀️ haha!
    K, well guess it’s out there now...
    Super sorry... It showed up in my alerts like it was a question for me... oops!!
    But not trying to hijack this feed...
    Yikes!!

Hugs and much love to all you wonderful ladies who are going through this awful time, yet take time to lift each other up ❤️

9. Simona1986

Dislikes Received:
    I have Androgenetic Alopecia with te periods for 16 year .

10. Simona1986

Dislikes Received:
  11. Jtilly

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been losing 200 to 300 hairs a day for the last several weeks.
    I thought it was bad before, but it has never been this bad.
    I even had about a month of reduced shedding...
    Where I notice the loss the most is at the ends of my hair.. Every day more disappears. Looks like string hanging.

12. Jtilly

Dislikes Received:
    I wish mine was breakage, but they are a variety of lengths, mostly long ones. Some short though too. A few possibly velus hairs? Not a lot I don’t think. Mainly medium to long lengths. Some not velus but new growth (I can tell because they are thicker)
    It’s just so weird to be losing so much and so many long ones and notice most the loss at the ends. I can’t do anything about that to conceal it.
    Can’t put on hair fibers to disguise that type of loss...
    Big sigh...

Interesting what you said about saliva cortisol tests in the other thread. I’ll have to look into that...

13. Jtilly

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve talked to so many people lately so can’t remember, have you ever had sheds of 200/300/400 a day? Sorry if you’ve told me before...
    I believe my shed today was around 400.
    I had to stop counting or I was going to throw up.
    I am stressed, but staying as calm as I can under the circumstances.
    I just wish I knew what caused this or what I can do other than relax to make it calm down some. But sounds like there’s nothing that can be done.