Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Sodium Laurent Sulfate?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Sydney033, Apr 12, 2005.

1. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

I wrote the longest reply and my SWINE COMPUTER froze and I lost it!!! GRRRRRRRR. Ok, yes, probably the incresed lather is causing problems then. In the wig world we stear well clear of anything which causes a lather as it loosens the knotting. Same thing really!

For you my love, you need to be using a drop of Frizzeaze light on the ends of your hair when it is still wet. There are many other great leave in conditioners I love (and which I listed in great detail...grrrr) but that is the best for the job you want .

take care x

2. redclaire

redclaire Guest

Sally! I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have a person in the industry point out something so simple and not a salon product. I mean, I like salon products, but sometimes I wonder if they are only pointed out because they cost $$$$... Frizz Eaze is on my shopping list!

3. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Lol...at the end of the day, I recommend things that in my honest opinion I think are best for the job...may be it would be a salon product. In many occasions pro things are better, but there is a lot of mark up on many items and you pay for the advertising and pretty packaging.

Good luck with it!

4. Zannie

Zannie Guest

Hi Tina!!!!

:D

I used to get my Dessert Essence products from Whole Foods Market. I don’t know how abundant those are in your neck of the woods so here’s a site where you can get this stuff DIRT CHEAP!!! Yet Quality!!! http://www.iherb.com/desertaz.html and it’s a 5***** rated yahoo store, buyer protected, fast product delivery, etc! Here’s another place… a bit cheaper… http://www.webvitamins.com/category.asp ... brandID=99 but still buyer protected, yahoo rated, etc…
    :wink:

How have things been with you??? :D

5. krapiva

krapiva Guest

I have a question...if SLS free shampoos are better...how do you girls put those on??? since these are soo hard to massage in as they don't create any foam, i had the hardest time last saturday with Jason's thin to thick...and i still feel only one side of my scalp got shampooed...any advice would be greatly appreciated..

6. gigi

gigi Guest

Hi krapiva

I just purchased Jason's Natural Jojoba shampoo which is supposed to treat the scalp and it actually foams very very well. I haven't tried the thin to thick yet, but my suggestion would be to shampoo two times if not a third application if it still does not feel clean.

7. krapiva

krapiva Guest

Thanx...i've just bought a different shampoo in whole foods also without SLS, i'll give it a try tomorrow...