Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS free shampoos)

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by kitkatkitkat3, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad you like it :) I actually washed my hair with it this morning too and lost LESS than normal :eek: it was probably a weird coincidence that your's went up today :( It does smell yummy, doesn't it? Hmmmmm... i might have to try the TIGI shampoo and see what i think of that :)

2. Yeah mmmmm coconut!

Im not too upset about the extra shed - it wasnt much - I usually lose 10-15 in the shower and it was more like 25. But I wont be worrying unless it picks up and maintains a higher shed!

I kinda want to eat the shampoo!

3. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know, right?? YUMMY!!! you should smell the others... i kinda wanna mix some of them together to get new and more delicious scents... kinda sad that i get this excited about shampoo scents! :laugh:

4. Nahhh why not get excited - its one of the only hair related things we can enjoy - the smell!

I meant to say actually - despite that increased shower shed yesterday, today I had my lowest shed since this whole thing started - 12 hairs! Just as I didnt freak out yesterday I wont get too excited about this! But its good news - I haven't shed more than about 40 a day since I stopped SLS shampoos, and most days have been less than 30 hairs.

To anyone reading this who hasn't tried going SLS free yet, I can't recommend it enough - even if you aren't allergic to SLS and it isn't causing you any irritation, I dont think it can hurt to try cutting it out and going organic - as far as I'm concerned, anyone with hairloss should treat their hair as gently as possible and using an organic shampoo is a good start! I for one will never go back to ordinary shampoo - yes, these tend to be a little more expensive, but its worth it as I no longer itch and scratch all the time!

5. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

kitkat I am so excited to hear about the lowered shed... basically bc that's what happened w/ me in my TE... once the shed starts fluctuating... lower... then back up for a bit... then lower again... etc... it meant for me that I was at the tail end of my TE... hooray for you girl!!!

6. forks

forks Guest

I like the Organix shea butter too! The lather is better than I expected and of course it smells great.

7. Thanks Robin! The shed has DEFINITELY stopped - its barely above normal now which is great. Now I'm just holding out all hope for regrowth Im really scared it wont happen for me. I wish wish WISH I had taken photos of my hair other than the pic of the front that you've seen before. I wish I took pics of my part etc as I have no way of knowing if its getting better really...I cant remember exactly how it was a few months ago!

8. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Another benefit of the SLS shampoo that i thought i would report on... since my hair is thin (and each strand is like candy floss) hairspray really sticks to it bad... and i use A LOT of hairspray... I would always have this white build-up shit all over my hair... it wasn't dandruff it was just residue from the hairspray that would never wash out... EVER... people would always ask me if i had been painting because that's what it looked like.. white paint spattered all over my head. It was lovely. Anyway, ever since i've been using the SLS shampoo, ALL of the nasty white stuff is gone... it's kind of weird considering there aren't any harsh chemicals in it and you would think that ONLY something harsh would remove the buildup... but NOPE... i guess it took about a week for it to get all of it off... but now it's gone :) YAY! small victories, guys... small victories - that's what it's all about ;p