Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Some random guy just mentioned my "thinning hair"

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Nilli57211, May 25, 2016.

1. Nilli57211

Nilli57211 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was arguing with some jerk on the Internet who was saying anyone who lives at home after 25 has failed in life, and he took the opportunity to tell me he had looked through my Facebook photos and I am as ugly on the outside as I am on the inside. I responded by saying that's pretty much the opposite of what people usually say, and he said I must not know many people because as a member of the opposite sex, he can tell me I look atrocious. He capped it off with "The thinning hair isn't helping."

Now I just feel like crying. I already KNOW my hair has thinned, and there is NOTHING I can do about it. It wasn't my fault, and it isn't fair. I used to have such thick, gorgeous hair, and now so much of it is just gone. And these stem cell companies seem to be taking their own sweet time to get the treatments ready and are apparently prioritizing men, so who knows when that will even be available.

But I didn't think it was horribly obvious to other people, to the point where some stranger would notice and use that to attack me.

It's not fair. It isn't my fault. I shouldn't have to deal with people insulting my appearance over it.

This is the pic on Facebook in which the thinning is most obvious by the way. I didn't think it looked that bad, until now.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• nnn.jpg
      nnn.jpg
      File size:
      33.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    What a jerk. I cannot believe anyone would say something like that. He was just looking for something bad to say. You are beautiful and he probably could not find anything else mean to say.

3. Nilli57211

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Ruth. I think what makes this hurt so much is that in this case, there is nothing I can do about it. When people used to call me fat before I started losing weight, that wasn't so great either but it wasn't SO bad because that I at least knew I could change. This is different. I do believe that one of these research companies will have something at SOME point, but who knows how long that will take. It could be years down the road. It just hurts that something that already makes me so self-conscious could be used by bullies in this way as ammunition.

4. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Was this just some random jerk or a "friend"? Either way it is horrible but people on forums can be particularly brutal. I actually remembered you posting about other people making comments to your hair in the past, what @ssholes! I'm sorry that has happened to you. You have to put it into perspective though, I read some online comments recently when Jennifer Aniston was declared "most beautiful woman in the world" or something like that by People Magazine, I read so many comments by people who said she had a "fat nose" and "beady eyes" and "thin lips" it was brutal! People can be cruel, and those that make hurtful comments about another person's looks are usually very insecure and immature individuals. They need to cut someone else down to make themselves feel better. Have you heard the term "negging"? Men do it to women to keep them feeling insecure so they supposedly will work harder for the man's attention!!! I would punch the guy in the throat for making a comment like that, but in an online scenario, just block them and try to let it roll of your back.

You have pretty hair BTW and you can't really tell that you have obvious "thinning hair" IMO. I'm surprised that anyone comments at all! You can see the difference between your scalp and hair a lot more than a blonde haired woman, because your hair is so dark. It is gorgeous, don't let this loser bother you.

5. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone who stoops to this level is quite frankly a waste of earth's oxygen. This kind of person clearly is dissatisfied with who they are as a person, and is not intelligent enough to come up with an argument that is just that: a valid argument in a debate. Any time someone resorts to name calling or insults about appearance you can pretty much be sure they have lost their point, and are too stupid to think beyond the two brain cells they have to come up with something remotely interesting to say. The usually have the IQ of a doorknob. It infuriates me.

As I saw your photo, I had to look a few times to see where you think your hair is thinning and its really not bad--I was too busy noticing your great skin and smile.

People like this DISGUST me. I guarantee a pair of tweezers and a microscope is needed to find this man's genitals. These kind of men are not men at all but rather trolls.

6. viinca

viinca Member

Dislikes Received:
    By the way, you have very big and pretty eyes :) you also have really good skin, as Wolf said above - I would kill for that!

7. PANSYCAT

PANSYCAT New Member

Dislikes Received:
    IN RESPONSE TO RANDOM GUY'S CRUEL REMARKS

You are a very pretty girl. Naturally pretty. This guy you were conversing with on the computer I would delete and block him, if you haven't already done so. He is rude and insulting. Perhaps he is angry because he cannot get a nice girlfriend. With his insulting personality I doubt he has friends. You can use Toppix or similar product to hide the thinning part. Try parting you hair on the side. You are young and have plenty of hair still and there are products to help hair to look nice. Please don't be upset. The world is full of unhappy people who lash out at others without thinking of what they are saying. Be a kind person and a true friend and those are the kind of people who are most needed.

8. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You also might want to try a product like Toppik - worked well for me until my hair got too thin.

9. jenine90

jenine90 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You can't expect any better on the internet. Honestly, the thinning is visible, I would look into concealers or hair pieces, I can't recommend that enough.

10. Nilli57211

Dislikes Received:
    It's likely visible to you because it was pointed out to you. And because you are on this forum in the first place, you are just more likely to notice things like that. Most people don't notice until I tell them. I use Toppik once in a while but would not get a hairpiece. I like my hair and don't think I should have to hide it with fake hair.