Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Some Regrowth Is Visible But I’m Really Stressed (pics)

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by anxiety43, Jan 27, 2019.

1. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    counted about a loss of 30 hairs today, which feels like a lot after it went down to like 10 for a month or so. the front has me completely confused and depressed though, my combover needs constant adjusting. also need to get out of shampooing so often but it’s a struggle when i itch if i’m not clean.

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have cte?

3. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    i don’t think so, it’s only been a year and i think getting off birth control kicked off Androgenetic Alopecia.

4. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Does miniaturisation always signify Androgenetic Alopecia? Can it be CTE ?

I see a lot of small hairs on my head, but many of these fall off as well!! ( Majority of my hairfall is small, thin and thick hair) ..
    Does oiling help ?

5. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    From what I understand and have read miniaturized hairs can occur with cte and iron deficiency what’s going on with your hair? Is it on going? Lots of loss?

6. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    i’ve read that a couple things can cause it but i’m pretty sure it’s genetic loss. my strands get thinner towards the root so it’s safe to say miniaturized hairs are coming in. i lose thick/thin/long/short hairs as well. i haven’t tried oiling, what type do you use?

7. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes ....ongoing ...like since Feb last year ....initially was loads of long hair , then since August lot of small , miniaturised hair as well!
    Now what I see is I have a lot of small regrowth ( this is mostly thick hair from what I see). But the fall consists of small, miniaturised hair mostly . It's like 10 long hair to 50-60 miniaturised hair on normal days !!

8. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    If you both read through some threads here on some women who had and have recovered from cte, you’ll see they had similar experiences. Miniaturized hairs, different lengths temples sides top hit hard, lots of hair loss to fluctuating. What makes u think it’s genetic? Testing? Extreme stress or should I say chronic stress will cause it too

9. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    My family has no history of hairloss ! :( ....endocrinologist diagnosed and confirmed that I am not PCOS as well..
    The main point here is that I have only had seasonal hairfall before this phase since last year , which doesn't seem to end !!
    Recently , since the last 2 months it seems to have aggravated more , which my derm says is due to hormonal changes post marriage ( is this possible ?) ..

I use normal coconut oil mixed with drops of teatree oil.

10. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:

considering how widely varied patterns can be, im going by the strands themselves and the way they’ve been basically just shrinking away. i haven’t had a biopsy but i’d like one, just to conform my suspicions. can cte happen over the timespan of 10-11 months? it seems like it happened very fast for me, like aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia.

11. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    For me, the two factors that my derm says confirm its Androgenetic Alopecia are:
    1.Widening hair part line , more visible at the front.
    2.Miniaturisation.

Not sure what's causing this, but I tried prp as well! This didnt have any impact as well !( Prp looks like having definite effect in Androgenetic Alopecia, which didn't in my case.)

12. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same here...11 months and I hardly have anything left ! :(

13. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:

14. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’m so sorry this has been a 5 year nightmare for you! Have you noticed fluctuations in shedding? I don’t get scalp pain beyond a little soreness from styling it up for a day. The more research I do, the more I see conflicting information, which keeps me hopeful but also doubtful of this just going away forever. Even if I recover my hair, I’m predicting another devastating shed down the line that gets triggered hormonally by pregnancy or menopause. My mother lost her hair, she had 16 pregnancies but then her brothers lost their hair as well so maybe her loss was alopecia and not CTE. No loss on my father’s side, all my siblings have thick lush hair except for my sister who gave birth in August.

15. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I have noticed fluctuating hairloss Seems though every time I add a vitamin or stress is triggered I get the burning and more loss I try and keep hope too. I always felt this will never end and this is just my life now. But idk. Maybe because of my extreme anxiety it is cte to some extent. I mean until I went through that non stop anxiety 5 years ago I didn’t have hair issues None. Now I have the hairs at my one temple that never grow out. Idk wth that is all about Haven’t read anyone else with this issue so I’m still at a loss

16. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve tried things in the past that was supposed to help for Androgenetic Alopecia. Nothing ever made a difference at all no excessive shedding, regrowth, nothing. So less me to wonder if it is all Androgenetic Alopecia in my case. I have no diagnosis first seem said te drs said various things. Age, iron thyroid etc. taking thyroid meds truly screwed me up and made hairloss worse!!! Iron didn’t help vitamins have a different reaction for me then most I’ve cut sugar testosterone levels are good so I just do t know

17. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ya..even for me the dheas and free testesterone were normal..so even I doubted if I even has Androgenetic Alopecia or not !! But the doctor said that even normal hormonal levels can cause hairloss , which is happening in my case .( Well this was all based on the front part widening and miniaturisation.... No biopsy done )

18. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Well since the start of this my Dheas were slightly elevated which of course could be so due to stress and anxiety. Once my stress was down at one point so was my Dheas

19. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    curious if you’re losing eyebrow hairs and eyelashes as well? i’ve noticed that my brows are thinning in the inner corners.