Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Something else to obsess about...

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by mrvitous26, Apr 2, 2015.

1. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am 27, going on 28 so it is natural to see lines start to appear on my forehead as well as under eye circles... But how much is too much? Thing is, I am getting older so it could just be because of that...

Could the Rogaine be causing me to age faster?

What do you think? Have any of you seen premature signs of aging? Talk to me. :hmmm::ermm::shakehead::wow::confused::(:(

2. Jen77

Jen77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Funny you should post this, I'm entering my 6th month of 1x/daily 5% Rogaine use. And lately I've noticed more wrinkles along my forehead, wondering if I'm just imagining it or if it's from the Rogaine. Im 37 & am in the sun quite often in the warm months but wear a hat. I've been debating about quitting it altogether & just let whatever happens happen.

#2 Jen77, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  3. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    And remember that you probably have been worrying a lot about your hair, that also does not help for your skin
    Sometimes new wrinkles just show. I remember 10 years ago (i am 40 now ) that i saw a wrinkle that i had not seen before and was worried about that as well (was not on rogaine and also did not have hairloss back then). You know what that wrinkle is still the same, has not gotten bigger or deeper.
    I am just trying to say, we all age and get wrinkles, it is natural.

- - - Updated - - -

And remember that you probably have been worrying a lot about your hair, that also does not help for your skin
    Sometimes new wrinkles just show. I remember 10 years ago (i am 40 now ) that i saw a wrinkle that i had not seen before and was worried about that as well (was not on rogaine and also did not have hairloss back then). You know what that wrinkle is still the same, has not gotten bigger or deeper.
    I am just trying to say, we all age and get wrinkles, it is natural.

4. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much Ruth. I just checked myself out in the mirror and was thinking the same thing. I think all of the stress with the hair loss and not only that but personal stress has affected my skin. I don't think my face looks bad, I am just starting to age... LOL.

5. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    When I take pictures of my hair line I also, by default, capture my forehead.

i just had a good look back and can honestly see no difference in the last 6 months. Those tramlines across my head are just the same.

i think we just spend longer looking in mirrors and obsessing after hair-loss so tend to notice more. Plus the stress of it all can't help.

strike this one from your 'to worry about list' : )

6. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It could be the rogaine but ,as others have said, the stress from the hair loss could be the biggest factor. You say forehead lines and undereye circles... have you been frowning or sleeping badly? Both would be the natural responses to the hair loss etc and could be a big factor in the lines and undereye circles.

I'm a few years younger than you but have noticeable undereye circles, undereye lines, a few lines on my forehead and worst of all, white hairs growing. I think it's stress.

7. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm entering month 4 on Rogaine and I'm starting to wonder about the dark circles/under-eye puffiness side effect. I have had my fair share of sleep problems and allergies, but I've always had a smooth under-eye area and could easily cover up any dark circles with concealer. Lately I've noticed increased puffiness and worse dark circles. I'm going shopping for different eye cream and concealer this weekend. I'm less stressed, better rested, and definitely not dehydrated lately so it just makes me wonder. It's not bad enough to quite the Rogaine by any means, but it's noticeably different. Hopefully I can fix it with better products.

8. Jen77

Jen77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think my hesitation with Rogaine lately is from my new GP. I mentioned to her I have been using it for 5 months. Her response "your body isn't lacking Rogaine". Hmmm.. she also looked at me like i was crazy when i mentioned hair loss. I realize it's not noticeable yet to everyone. But it's happening. I'm waiting for some test results.

9. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Jen, you know your own hair better than anyone. My hair loss was "just" density and I'm quite certain it isn't noticeable to anyone but me. My Dr. has known me for 20+ years so thankfully he took me seriously and ordered every test under the sun, some more than once. My Derm. was slightly dismissive diagnosing me with TE and saying all men and women over 40 who are concerned with keeping their hair should be on Rogaine.

10. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am sure that is because when you are applying it - you are rolling your eyes, looking up towards your hair line and you wrinkle you forhead for that. The more you do it, the more wrinkles appear - forehead muscules being in constant use

11. Jen77

Jen77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes hairtothere, we all know our own head & hair. It drives me crazy when people think I'm exaggerating.

Barbarina, I hope you're right. I'm not quitting Rogaine just yet.