Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Soy was behind my hair loss of many years!

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Mane_Trouble, Apr 11, 2012.

1. SabrinaLouise

SabrinaLouise Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
  2. smasharris

smasharris Guest

Eliminated Soy and hair is coming back!

I have recently had to cut soy out of my diet on behalf of my 5 month old daughter who is still nursing and gets a terrible rash when I consume any soy. I've been losing hair in clumps for at least 3 years now (except during my most recent pregnancy--that was niiiice)--I was always wondering when I'd wake up one day without any more hair. I just assumed it was related to some undiagnosed hormone issues. I've only been soy free for about a month and I've also been supplementing with iodine (someone told me about a link between soy and iodine deficiency--I don't have any supporting research). In any case, my hair has not been coming out in clumps for the last 1.5 weeks and I'm not finding it EVERYWHERE all the time as before. It's probably too soon to draw any conclusions (for me), but I think that you are definitely on to something. Since it is working for you--YAY! I'm gonna keep digging around about this. Cutting soy out of my diet very nearly cut out almost all processed foods in one fell swoop for me, so it's not a bad thing... :rolleyes:

3. longingforpeace

Dislikes Received:
    I've read about iodine supplementation but haven't tried. How much did u start with and did u have any side effects?

4. mia83

mia83 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    actually soy contains phytoestrogens. it might have estrogenic effect on your body but too weak to cause imbalance. depending on your hormonal balance. if you are progesterone depleted already, then cutting out soy might reduce the symptoms (hair loss). but if you are estrogen depleted, then consuming soy may help balancing your hormones. so its vary on each person.

5. KayJane

KayJane New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all! I think this might be my problem as well because I was allergic to soy as a baby. I haven’t had much soy except soy sauce added to cooking occasionally for the last two months. I’m wondering how long it too for you to notice improvements after cutting out soy. Any information you can give me would be great! Thanks!