Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Spironolactone cream and/or Revivogen?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by VMmom, Sep 7, 2010.

1. VMmom

VMmom Guest

Has anyone used the topical Spironolactone cream (s5) or the Revivogen spray to help stop hair loss? I think I might be in the early stages of Androgenetic Alopecia. I saw these products on this website and was wondering if anyone has used them.
    How do you fit them into your routine? I'm concerned they would make my hair greasy- esp the cream. Could I apply it just at night?
    Right now I am using Nioxin shamp/cond/scalp therapy 5x week and Nizoral 2x week. Just started this regimen about 2 weeks ago.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Revivogen since December of 09. It isn't a spray tho, at least not what I use, it's a serum. I also use the shampoo and conditioner. I put the serum on at night before I go to bed and give it 15-20 minutes to dry, then wash it out in the morning. It washes right out. When I first started using it I got these brown/orange patches on my scalp that I could flake off with my fingernail. The hair loss person I was dealing with a the time said that was the DHT flaking off. After about 2-3 months that stopped and I don't have that anymore, so if she was right and that was DHT on my scalp, then it must be helping. It definitely is not a hair growth system, but it really does seem to have helped slow my loss down significantly. Once I finish a full year of nightly application, I'll go to every other night. I've never used the Spironolactone cream, but have wondered about it.

3. VMmom

VMmom Guest

Thanks for your reply. Do you think Revivogen is better than Nioxin? I just started that about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I will finish up the batch and then switch.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't really know. I used Nioxin years ago before I realized I had a hair loss problem, was just trying to find something for my fine, thin hair. I haven't used it as a treatment for hair loss.