Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

***Spironolactone users***

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sheeny, Nov 27, 2015.

1. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been on Spironolactone since June, but finally moved up to 200mg mid October. My shed during styling/brushing/touching during the day has stopped. I still shed more than I am comfortable with post wash (30/40 long, healthy strands - pre hair loss I prob lost 10). This is my 10th month of this "te" shed which I do believe to be Androgenetic Alopecia now.
    My question is, how many of you that use Spironolactone have noticed a significant difference in shedding one month into a 200mg dose? I'm trying to figure out if this is a fluke or due to Spironolactone ;)
    Thanks!

2. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, sheeny! Sorry I can't really answer your question, but I was wondering how often do you wash your hair now?

3. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! My hair looks terrible still- maybe worse & still notice a stray hair falling but I can brush my hair with only losing maybe 1 hair. I think that is relatively "normal"? I wash my hair every day & maybe skip a day once a week :) if I don't wash it daily it feels flat to me

4. samantha303

samantha303 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My doctor asked me to start from 100mg but Im torn. Im not sure what hair loss I have due to other symptoms. How did you make the decision?

5. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    It was a very difficult decision, and it I waited 3 months to start it but I'm glad I eventually did. My skin is great & my hair just might be improving.

6. JeHope

JeHope Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My shed decreased that early too when I upped my dose to 200 mg. I would agree with you that its the Spironolactone :)