Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Started the Rogaine shed- is ti worth it?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by mga2201, Jul 11, 2010.

1. mga2201

mga2201 Guest

After using 2% rogaine for about 7 months with no results, I switched to the 5%. After using it for 4 days, I noticed way more hair coming out, and this has continued (I've used it for 8 days now). I am assuming this increase is from the Rogaine, I didn't have an increase on the 2%. I am really upset about it, but am willing to stick it out if it will help. For those of you who have gone through the rogaine shed, do you think it was worth it? Was the amount of regrowth you saw enough to make up for all the hair you lost? Did anyone's shed just go on and on and never got better?

Thanks in advance for the responses- I just don't want to be speeding along the hair loss if it is not going to help in the end.

2. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, for me it has turned out to be very much worth it. I did shed for at leats a couple of months and then my hair grew back quite a bit. You just have to keep going. It is really hard I know but worth it. Good luck!!

3. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Very worth it! I hated the sheds I got with rogaine (yes, plural.. I found them worse then the sheds when I wasn't treating) but the recovery was always awesome.

4. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, true, sheds. I still get them don't know why but we are way better off I believe with the Rogaine. I did not have a spring shed this year for some reason and my hair is looking and feeling great. I can't believe it. I am sure there is a shed coming but right now I am very happy with it!