Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Starting Rogaine

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by nitu1, Sep 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think i am finally going to start the 5% women's rogaine. I tried it to see if i have a reaction and i didnt. I am wondering to try to introduce it slowly (hoping to lessen the dread shed), would you recommend, doing once every other day or 1/2 the application daily and then up it to more after say 2-3 weeks. Would appreciate any help from those on Rogaine already.
    Thanks

2. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I stated the Rogaine doing it once every other day, and didn't notice any increase in shedding. I stuck to this regimen for 2 months and then I noticed reduction in shedding. At that point, I increased the application to once a day.
    I do have to say that every 3-4 months, I go through a period of high shed, but to be honest, I am not sure if that is related to using Rogaine. If I really think hard about it, I used to go through periods of high shed even before using rogaine. So I think it is just my natural hair cycle.

3. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Right now for the last 4 weeks or so i am going through a huge shed....i dont know why but i think i need/have to start rogaine so i am going to go ahead. I will try every other day then and hopefully start everyday in 4-8 weeks, wish me luck.

4. roro

roro Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Nitu, I started minoxidil last weekend after having the foam on my dresser for several weeks. Currently applying 5% once a day. Excited and scared at the same time, but feel good about starting and trying it rather than wondering. Anyway hope your journey goes well, good to know someone's starting at the same time!