Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Steroid injections - needleless systems

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by strugglingon, Feb 4, 2007.

1. strugglingon

strugglingon Guest

Hi everybody, I am wondering if anyone has any experience of the needleless injection systems such as the dermo-jet one?

I stopped injecting my scalp when the bald areas became way too extensive, but I try to maintain my eyebrows by injecting cortisone about every 4-6 weeks. It's horrendously painful though, and I was wondering if these needle-less systems were less traumatic to use. They are mainly used by diabetics, but they can be used for steroid also.

Any experience or thoughts?

2. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i've never injected myself, but i had my first injection with an "air gun" at the derm's office a couple weeks ago. No input yet on whether i think it works or not, but if you ask me, it's a HECK of a lot better than getting a needle.

3. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i've had a couple "air" injected steroid injectiosn now, i don't see how a needle could be LESS traumatic, in the one there is a "slap" and the medication is injected into your skin, with a needle you have the initial skin puncture, and THEN injection, two steps, instead of one. i'm not minding the "air" injection steroids much at all, it's initially a LITTLE uncomfortable, but i'm seeing regrowth, and i think it's easier than needles