Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Still frustrated by sister and mother....

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by dying curls, Sep 13, 2010.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

They still do not seem to understand this syndrome...even after that my sister has been diagnosed and has undergone 5 IVF and is now under metformin.

They think i should stop the treatment to see what happens, that maybe i am "cured" now...yet they see that m sister needs metformin to ovulate....

i know it might sounds stupid
    but it makes me so angryyyy inside, i dunno how to explain, they think i am delusionnal or something, they think i should see a very god pcos doctor but mine already is good. I don't get it.

My mother was there when I saw endo number 2 who said it was a life long syndrome and treatment (with readjustement and maybe different molecule depending on the age ect)...

i dunno
    i know i should just ignore it but it makes me angry, grrrr

grrrrrr
    grrrrr
    grrrrr

2. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Sometimes i think i should just stop my treatment,
    so they will see what PCOS does to me, i wish i stopped the treatmen so my Androgenetic Alopecia would resume its course, and in one year time i would prolly reach a stage of Androgenetic Alopecia where wearing a wig would be necessary and then they won't be able to say : "it's in your head , blahblah"

if it's in my head then why do the doctor give me a stronger dose of anti androgen, and not just a pill like yaz or diane.

3. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

Hey....big hugs!

It's awful when the closest females to you (usually family members) dont take you seriously. However, I dont think stopping your Androgenetic Alopecia treatments is a good thing...just to make them realise!

Keep strong and vent whenever on here :)

4. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Yeah, i know....
    but they don't understand what Androgenetic Alopecia is.
    I dunno.
    Plus since my sister has decided that BCP made girls sterile, she wants me to stop it and get pregnant ASAP (and it's not in my plan right now, not before 2/3 years). She also decided that since she needs IVF I will also need them (which does not make sense, i might or might not need it, but no one can say in advance).

I know i am not alone with PCOS, i discovered that most of my friends are pcos(and they're not overweight, it seems to become more and more rampant)!!!! but i am the only one with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I like this board, and there are other hair loss community out there for women, even "bigger" ones, but only on this one do women have such an amount of knowledge about our conditions.