Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Story Of Hope Natalia, Age 38 - Tellogen Effluvium

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by nataliaarg, Jul 8, 2017.

1. nataliaarg

nataliaarg New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone:
    Firstly I would like to apologyse for all the mistakes I will make since englis, as you guess, is not my native language. I feel I owned this to all of you who want to read, since I remember myself almost two years ago, madly searching for information about something that was unknown for me: alopecia.
    By october 2015, I went through a very stressfull time of my life, and two month after, I started noticing my hair was falling out everywhere, specially when I combed or took a shower. I would cry because I never had too much hair, and mine is pretty fine (I mean not coarse). I tought I would get bald in the very short run.
    I lost about 200 hairs or even more for 4 months.
    I was feeling desperate. Tired of everything, I´ve made a trip to Buenos Aires for medical reasons, and I took the chance to got an apointment whi

2. nataliaarg

nataliaarg New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone:
    Firstly I would like to apologyse for all the mistakes I will make since englis, as you guess, is not my native language. I feel I owned this to all of you who want to read, since I remember myself almost two years ago, madly searching for information about something that was unknown for me: alopecia. This is my story of hope.
    By october 2015, I went through a very stressfull time of my life, and two month after, I started noticing my hair was falling out everywhere, specially when I combed or took a shower. I would cry because I never had too much hair, and mine is pretty fine (I mean not coarse). I tought I would get bald in the very short run.
    I lost about 200 hairs or even more for 4 months.
    I was feeling desperate. Tired of everything, I´ve made a trip to Buenos Aires for medical reasons in april 2016, and I took the chance to got an apointment with a wig maker (since I now live in a not too developed city in the countryside of argentina). Believe ir or not, the day before my appointment, I took a shower as every morning and I only shedded 70 hairs aprox. I was shocked. I said to myself "It must have been a weird day, tomorrow I will shed 300". The day of the appointment I shedded 50 hairs aprox. So I cancelled my appointment.
    After that I returned to normal shedding levels, so I got my hair back. It´s not really too much, but it is the way it has always been. In the summer I always shed more hair, for some reason, I don´t go with the "fall shedding pattern". But this summmer I experienced an average loss of hair.
    It seems like a had a tellogen effluvium. I also had a hormonal imbalance, I guess, since I was put on oral contraceptives -some with anti-androgenic effect.
    Well, that´s all. Hope you all get a prompt recovery and blessing to all of you from Argentina!!!!
    Natalia

3. Leelees

Leelees Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That is wonderful - I am very happy for you!! Your story gives us a lot of hope! Thank you for sharing!!

4. Regina Maria Iriarte

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations!!!! This is soooo nice to read!!!

5. jump1

jump1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am happy for you but jealous at the same time.