Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Suffering From Hair Thinning And Loss At 21

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by bea95, Jul 19, 2017.

1. bea95

bea95 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, i just camr across this forum and thought I'd share my struggles with hair loss and hair thinning at a young age. For me i noticed my hair shedding more than usual nearly a year ago after i stopped Diane 35 which i was on for 7 months for irregular periods. My mid part i i think has been somewhat wide for a while now but i really only noticed it last year probably when it became obvious. I have always haf hormonal irregularities along with excess body and facial hair as well as acne and being overweight. I always also deficient in B12 which i know can impact your hair. In March of this year i started a new round of Birth control pills again for my irregular period and this time it was LoLo 10mcg/1mcg. I really saw my hair getting thinning and falling more as i started this ocp, but eventually stopped last month after 3 cycles because i believed it was causing my hair to thin. My endo believes theres a 95% of me having PCOS. I guess its important to note that my mom has had hair loss for a while now, but nobody else in my family has. My hair is now thin on the temples and pretty much throughout the entire scalp, especially the front and mid part. Im extremely scared that this may be Androgenetic Alopecia, but also believe that birth control caused my hair to fall and thin. Can someone please help me out or share their experience as well and tell me what this may be as dermatologists have been useless so far.
    thank you!

Attached Files: