Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Supplements - Question for Joann

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by ginawat, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

magnesium is good for hair I am sure!

2. peekaboo

peekaboo Guest

Suzi,
    Have you noticed any difference since taking the magnesium? less shed, more regrowth?

3. suzi79

suzi79 Guest

I only added magnesium 2 weeks ago, I will let you know on my progress after a couple of months..

Do you take MSM..it will not hurt to try at 1st with a low dose like 1000 mg

4. peekaboo

peekaboo Guest

Suzi,
    How much are you taking a day? My doctor wants me to take 4, im not sure if its all at the same time or what? Does it really make you sleepy? In those 2 weeks have you noticed a slight decrease in shed? Anything noticeable????????

5. suzi79

suzi79 Guest

I am at work right now and I will let you know later about the dosage..

NOOO it doesn't make sleepy it isn't a DRUG it is just calming very minimal..nothing to worry about ..

I will write you again this evening and I will give you the dosage, but I think you should take it with calcium.

Please also check your vid d ..because vit d is so essential in autoimmune diseases.

My shedding is weird..some days I have none, some days 150..I'm sorry I can't 100% tell you if it has subsided. Vit take up to 6 months sometimes to work sometimes so we just have to be patient.

6. mythreeboys

mythreeboys Guest

I've heard great things about MSM.