Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Swimming with a clip-in piece??

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by CKingAnswers, Jan 23, 2014.

1. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone attempted to swim while wearing a clip in hair topper? I am thinking of getting an easipart piece.
    If you have swam- to what extent and how did it go? Were you totally submerged under water? Just got splashed? Went under just like when getting off a water slide or something, but not extensive under water swimming?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

2. cocoa

cocoa Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to have answers to that one as well!

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    There's a fabric swim cap - cute prints and colors - and that's what I use. If I remember correctly its Nammu. You can google it.

4. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Are you getting the synthetic or Human Hair?

They aren't meant for swimming I imagine the weight of the piece when it is wet will cause the clips to pull a lot. Plus it will cause damage to the piece. Synthetic will handle it a bit better than HH. I would avoid doing this.

5. ILikeSkittles

ILikeSkittles New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I got my hair wet (splashed) while wearing the human hair easipart. It was fine, it just looked like wet hair. I don't like underwater swimming anyways so I may be biased, but I would imagine swimming with a clip on piece would hurt because the water/weight would pull on the clips? My scalp is kind of sensitive so clip pieces already kind of hurt. If you're just going to hang out pool side and might get splashed, you'll be totally fine though.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    My piece looks like a wet rat when wet and I can't imagine swimming in it. The chlorine would damage the hair as well as the the weight of the water.