Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Switching from clipping a topper

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Lily, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been wearing clip-on HH toppers for almost 8 years. I've been very happy with this - wearing a old topper under a winter hat, a less old one for yoga, golf, etc. and a nicer styled one for everything else. Just me and hubby at home and he doesn't mind seeing me in my natural crappy bio hair state. But - hair loss has marched on and I just can't get a good grip with the clips anymore - topper is pretty loose at the best of times. I've talked with my stylist (she has worked with hair replacement clients for many years) and we think I've reached the end of the line with clips. At my May appointment she will do a weave procedure which will make the topper much more secure - braids my hair in a circle and uses monofilament to attach the topper - I'm so thin at the frontal hairline that I will have to bond there. I'm apprehensive ( it's over an hour drive for me and I really can't go more than every 5 weeks) and I'm so used to what I do now. But it will be a relief not to look at crappy bio hair except at hair appts. Will keep you all posted.

2. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Lily

Sorry to hear your your hair loss has got worse. It is always hard to wear something different, I know when I have changed to a different cap I am always apprehensive it is going to work out. I think your stylist sounds great and I am sure she will do a great job for you, bonding is just a different experience and I am sure once you get use to the change you will be comfortable.

Looking forward to hearing how it all works out for you :)

3. alohakels

alohakels Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So sorry to hear :( But I think a bonded one would be so great in that you will not have to think about it quite as much! <3

4. JustMeS

JustMeS Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck and keep us posted.