Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

T.e, I Just Don't Know What To Think Anymore

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Anna Butcher, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Where to begin, I was ill last year for 12 weeks, a virus that seemed to kick start all this. From Oct 2017 to the very start of Jan 2018 and in that time I noticed more hair in my brush and my husband noticed more in the drain. Panic set it but looking back at photos I had loads if hair!

I never lost handfuls that people describe but I was told by a doctor that it was acute T.E and it would grow back....lol

Then the anxiety started and off to another doctor who put me on anxiety tablets, I did start to calm down as not one person could see I was losing hair, I was luck I had loads but I did get it cut short, started eating healthy and using some herbal shampoos ect and I saw tiny hairs appearing, this really gave me hope. Again I never lost hundreds of hairs on one go it would come out in a steady stream after washing ect. At this point my temples where really effected and the sides down to ears, volume was ok.

Fast forward to June, I had stopped counting hairs and obsessing so much still took photos and looked for regrowth, I went to see a Trichologist and he told me I was in T.E recovery and was 99.9% sure it wasn't Androgenetic Alopecia. I felt amazing, BUT 3 months I still get regrowth all the time, but I still seem to lose hair, I can't see much volume still and I now have bad dry skin, it seems like it's moved to my fringe now. I've had some blood tests as I'm sure deep down it's Androgenetic Alopecia as my dad and brother both started losing hair but not one woman in the family on both sides.

I just feel so scared, my anxiety is so so bad, no doctor has really been helpful, I begged for blood test the other day and he was happy to do thyroid test and VB. I called to ask for ferritin count, I had a hormone test done when suffering a miscarriage, I just need to know, so I can try and get on with life with my little boy. No one understands at all. Has anyone had T.E with not massive shedding?! It's been so diffuse, mainly temples, and all over x

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sort of how my story goes. Went through. Stressful time, surgery, then more stress. Mine is similar to yours. Much loads of hair loss at a time but seemed to have thinned pretty quickly. Too quickly I would think for Androgenetic Alopecia one Derm I went to in the beginning said te after awhile they just gave up and say idk. My sides are thin,super thin now, temples, mostly the left side. That side seemed to have thinned first then the bang area, then all over nape as well. I have breakage too. I truly not to worry but it get hard. I think the surgery really kicked my anxiety which in turn kicked the obsession and hairloss. I’ve read here similar stories of all over with sides temple and bangs being hit hardest resulting in cte idk anymore. I may have had some regrowth in the past just not enough to see a difference. This March will mark 5 years since my obsession/anxiety took over and the hairloss. I’ve tried a lot of thing only to think make matters worse. If it’s Androgenetic Alopecia nothing I tried to stop that has worked. So idk if it is even Androgenetic Alopecia (no diagnosis) I had the scope of the scalp done saw some miniaturized hairs no scalp issues etc any improvement would be a blessing and give hope so I feel exactly how u do. Scared lost and confused. No female in my family has this going on dad had hair loss brother was fine,sisters cousins etc.

3. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you seen my photos? I did another update last night and added list of photos on tell your story. My left side has also been hit hard! Can't work it out x

4. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just took a look at them. Your hair doesn’t look bad but I know exactly what your saying. That was me in the beginning even now I mean the left side is worse then the beginning now the right side is catching up. Nape and all over thinning. I’m just at a loss as well the trial thyroid meds didn’t help and made things much worse I know it did. All 3 times do you think yours is cte? I was terrified in the beginning it was Androgenetic Alopecia. But now? I don’t know reading on cte and ladies here could be a combo of many things like u it seems to move around lol left side temple, then bangs right side and all over