Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

TANGLED MESS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by ttc, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ttc

ttc Guest

I used to have no problems brushing thru my hair, now it takes me FOREVER to comb through it with a wide tooth comb to get tangles out. Of course the loose hairs are part of the tangles, but in general, the hair is just tangley...even all day when it's dry, it always looks like a mess. HATE IT. It's a crappy morning, just washed this mess and have to face hair all over my bathroom.

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi TTC,

I've heard good things about this product from other women who are using it: "Wen by Chaz Dean conditioning cleanser"
    I have no first hand experience with it myself :) but apparently it makes hair soft & shiny with nice body & tames frizziness. It is a bit pricey but if it helps it would probably be worth the cost.You may want to try a small bottle first to see what's it's like.

Hugs, Joann

3. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

TTC

I have always had tangly hair but it has gotten MUCH worse...
    I cant help but think the Avodart is bad for us!! Why else would we be shedding more!??

Not only that, I have gained LBS. Crappy hair, crappy skin, crappy nails, etc etc!!!!!!

I am so frustrated... :crazy: ..

4. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

My hair turned tangled too, as soon as it seriously started falling out. totally changed texture from flat and sleek to (now this will date me) Professor Irwin Corey. And I found that extra conditioner(s) only flattened it down and took the life out of it.

What works for me is a product called Tangle Tamer, by L'Oreal Kids. It's in the kids products sections in regular drugstores. The one I use has a green apple fragrance that, frankly, i'm a little sick of. But it works really well on both wet or dry hair. Sometimes I'll spritz it on my dry hair amd comb thru before I shampoo if it's really tangled but mainly just a spray or three after shampooing works wonders. I don't know how it works, but it does!

5. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Detanglers and defrizzers have dimethicone and/or cyclomethicone (both silicones) in them. That's what makes them work.

6. ttc

ttc Guest

I have a VO5 detangler that works pretty decent, the problem is still my hair.....the texture change and general lack of manageability. I also have a Bioloage conditioner/detangler that makes it slippery but flattens it out. I have drawers full of products! Nothing makes much of a difference.

7. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Sorry. The green apple fragrance of the L'Oreal detangler propably wouldn't have appealed to you anyway, the more I think about it. The texture change really blows, doesn't it?

8. aries

aries Guest

I wash my hair and let it air dry. I don't even try to comb through it while it is still wet. I find it is easier when dry. I don't use conditioner because it makes my hair look even thinner and greasy.

9. agasucks ;p

agasucks ;p Guest

WOW! i was JUST thinking this!!! my hair is SOO tangly lately. i thought it was because of the product that i put in it to "scrunch" it... but lately ive just been letting it air-dry and its STILL so tangly in the shower no matter how much conditioner i use! which also reminds me that i used to never be able to let it hair dry with nothing in it because i looked like a lion...i needed some sort of smoothing serum or gel to put in it while it was air-drying... i guess its so thin now that i welcome any poofyness i can get :/

the other night a girl that i went to highschool with was talking about oldest memories of each other and she said something like "you had great hair in highschool...i remember you telling me that people shouldnt wash their hair everyday because its not good for it..." too bad FOUR years later im washing my hair everyday...sometimes TWICE a day because its so freaking greasy all of a sudden.
    ugh...today is an annoying day. :badmood:

10. sadlady

sadlady Guest

WOW - i have exactly the same problem! Before my hairloss started (im diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia, and have had rapid hairloss since october), i could go without washing my hair for some days, now my hair gets SO greasy that i have to wash it every day. Sometimes i wash everey other day, but only when i dont have to meet people, because the day i dont wash my hair it looks awful - greasy and messy. I think it has to do with either rogaine (the liquid doesnt exactly help the greasiness), or with my hormones - i read somewhere that androgens might affect seb.derm (makes it worse), greasy hair (as well as acne) and of course hairloss... Im going to an endo next week (thursday) - i will ask him about this, and i promise i will keep you updated on what he has to say about it.

11. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I'm the opposite. My hair got tangles a shit load more before hair loss... but that's probably because it was to my rib cage and curly as hell.

12. mandymane

mandymane Guest

My hair is the same way. I use so much conditioner that it still is a tangled mess. Also, does any of yours get all tangled during the day when it is dry? Like, I can't even run my fingers through my hair when it is freshly washed without it tangling. I use tons of detangling stuff and I think I could start up my own salon with as many products I have under my sink, it is crazy, but nothing seems to help. When I try to run my fingers through my hair, I just end up losing more hair and it feels like straw.

13. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

My hair is frizzy and tangly all day & feels like straw yet its shiny??? Now that is weird...

14. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Can be dry ends and oily scalp. Mine is like that. Typical of sebum.

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hair and face used to be incredibly oily. Now that I started on Spironolactone and then Androcur which are androgen blockers it is amazing how non oily they have become. I used to have to wash my face several times a day and I would wake up with oil all over it. Not anymore. I kind of like this side effect. I would skip shampooing everyday except for my hair looking so cruddy by the next morning what with Rogaine and the frizz causing humidity and sleeping on it. No problems with tangles, though. I don't think there is enough there to tangle.