Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Telogen Effluvium / Cte Or Androgenetic Alopecia ? Please Help !

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Zoe Badham, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Zoe Badham

Zoe Badham Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all,

I have a post back from October saying about my story with shedding . I eventually got a wig and used for a couple of months and now I just have short hair. It’s quite thin... my whole family say it doesn’t notice but I definitely do! I was wondering whether anyone else had thinning of hair underneath their top layers of hair? I have a lot of regrowth on the top of my head but not the sides !?! My dermatologist concluded telogen effluvium saying that there was no miniturisation (although I do shed multiple very thin hairs in a day which a lovely lady on here explained to me the other day was hair cycling through stages ) but I was wondering if anyone else had this pattern and what they’d be diagnosed with!? With the regrowth I also wondered if anyone with androgenic alopecia had lots of regrowth when they were shedding ? If so did it look healthy and like normal hairs but shorter ?

For people who experienced TE and CTE and are in recovery did you find some areas take longer for hair to grow back? And did you have days where you’d shed a lot more than other days?

#1 Zoe Badham, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Zoe Badham

Zoe Badham Member

Dislikes Received:
  3. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hay zoeni put a post up tonight actually on another thread, my hair look old normal but underneath is where it's super thin, i was told by a trichologist that I have T.E but not an accute case, I can show some very recent photos, Ive lost hair all over, my parting looks normal and I get regrowth and hairloss all the time, so I have no clue if it's getting better, hope these help xx

4. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:

5. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    And this is just below my parting, it's much fuller than my underneath hair!

Attached Files:

6. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:

I have a similar thing that it seems like my underneath hair has like disappeared. Your hair still looks good and thick to me, but I get how it is different for you. Hopefully it will be temporary for you.

7. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, 13 months ago I had the thickest hair, I can really really notice it, my partner can notice the bits I point out but says he cant otherwise , so I guess I just need to go with that. I guess my fear is Androgenetic Alopecia, but I've read for some woman you can still live with it, I know for others it's a different story. I honestly have found this the most stressful thing to happen to me which makes me angry as it just hair! I will keep updating though, ask think it's good to keep each other positive xxx

8. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:

I try to be positive. But mine is not temporary. My hair initially thinned about 10 years ago, but remained the same until now. I had a ton of hair and then when it thinned iit was still normal. Now it is thin. It did thin out after I had a baby and grew back to where it was before the baby, but after getting really sick last year it thinned and has not gotten better. I fear I won’t recover anything from this te since I know I likely have Another form of thinning as well.

9. Zoe Badham

Zoe Badham Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello

Thank you for your replies and photos mine looks just like yours ! And I was diagnosed with te too! Do you shed any smaller thinner hairs? I have lots of regrowth but lately lots of hair loss to :( and I understand the fear of androgens alopecia but even then we have to realise that beauty is not surface only and who would want to be friends or in a relationship with anyone who couldn’t accept us hair or no hair ?

10. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I do shed short fine hairs and longs hairs, basically all hairs. Im trying to not let it get to me but it's hard. I'm a swim instructor so I've been worried how it will look in the future. It's all very confusing. So far everyone I know had been supportive so that's a blessing xxx

11. Zoe Badham

Zoe Badham Member

Dislikes Received:
    We are in the same boat then! I really hope you are able to feel more positive ! It is a hard thing to go through but we have to remember how lucky we are every day to be here. That’s how I like to think to keep myself positive. There’s always potential in everyone. I’m so happy to hear that people are supportive and I know that even if I hadn’t of gone through any hair loss I definitely would never have thought negatively of anyone who had. So hopefully as long as there are other lovely people out there ( and there definitely are) we will all be okay! Xx

12. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sitting having a coffee and a bacon roll in Costa coffee, watching the world go by and not thinking about my hair. I love these times, these are times I find presious now, or a happy day with my little boy. In these times I know I can be happy without worrying about what's going on. Yesterday was awful, today is a good day, we are all in the same boat for different reasons but it's great to have support xxxxxxx

13. Zoe Badham

Zoe Badham Member

Dislikes Received:
    That’s so lovely I really hope you enjoyed that time and we have to remind ourselves there is good in all the bad even if it is only small acts! I’m so glad you have a little boy who brings you happiness ! It’s so lovely having the support of this site xxx