Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Testing Insulin Resistance while on BCP?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by Hopefull216, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hopefull216

Hopefull216 Guest

Can you test if you have insulin resistance wile on Birth Control Pills?

I have my one doctor tell me that you have to off of the pills for 2 1/2 months in order to test for it. I went to my other doctor who wants to give me Metformin and she told me that I most likely have IR and I dont have to test for it.

I have been diagnosed with a touch of PCOS. I am thin, 5'5" 125lbs and never had a problem with my weight.. I have had elevated testosterone and diffuse thinning of my scalp for the past 3 years now..

So what do you guys think? Who's right??? Its so frustrating to hear two diff stories.. I dont know which one is right...

Thank you girls :) :)

2. As324

As324 Guest

I am just wondering how is your diet? Every doctor I have seen lately has been contesting the use of metformin against a low glycemic index diet, esp if you are not overweight.

3. Hopefull216

Hopefull216 Guest

I eat a helathy diet... High in protein, veggies, salads, greek yogurt, meats, chicken, seafood, lots of fiber and whole grains. Ive cut down on my sugars for years now. I still have my occasional chocolate or Reesses peanut butter cup here and there. But make sure I eat it after a meal.

4. As324

As324 Guest

how has it been for your hair?