Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Thanks--and 2-Day Update

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by pkp1712, Sep 5, 2008.

1. pkp1712

pkp1712 Guest

Thank you to all who responded to my story (Paige--38, Alopecia Areata); I look forward to sharing more communication. I've experienced some real highs and lows in the two days since my first posts (and I'm sure I will continue to do so), but I'm managing. Taking action--buying a wig, making an appointment with an endocrinologist (I'm learning from all of you to cover all bases), starting a meditation practice, going back to my yoga class--has made me feel empowered. I don't know what will happen with my hair--the hair loss seems to be accelerating--but I'm hoping that I can achieve peace and acceptance (of myself). The stress and worry I've been feeling is crippling, and I look forward to moving beyond it.
    Many thanks to all of you who post and share your experiences. As a newbie on this site, I read many messages without responding, but am so appreciative of the advice and personal stories.

Best wishes--
    Paige

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((((((((Paige)))))))))) sending you Big Hugs. In my other Alopecia Areata support group we compare Alopecia Areata to a a roller coaster ride that we are are on with all it's ups and downs. We are all together on the ride which makes a world of difference as opposed to facing it alone. We have named the ride" Hope "because so often even worse case scenarios of Alopecia Areata eventually have an outcome of regrowth and spontaneous remission.

I admire you so much for taking action and not letting the Alopecia Areata have control over the things you can do to make yourself feel better and more empowered. It's not easy to do that in the early days with Alopecia Areata but you will find that you will feel so much better sooner than if you sat back & did nothing.

When you are feeling down or challenged please do come here to share with us. There will be always be someone to listen and answer your questions or just lend an ear.

I have come farther in making peace with having Alopecia Areata in the 4 years since I found support than I have in the 50 or so years prior coping on my own.

Take care and keep in touch.

All my best. Joann

3. pkp1712

pkp1712 Guest

Thank you, Joann. Your posts inspire and comfort me.