Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

The Best For Alopecia Androgentic ,dudasteride Or Spironolactone ?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by candyme, Jan 26, 2020.

1. candyme

candyme New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello girls
    First sorry for my english
    I took for years androcur but since a year, we have had many cases of brain tumor in France
    I want to change my treatment for spironolactone or dudasteride.
    I read an article about dudasteride. A doctor said that in Japan, women had very good results with.On the other hand,people don't always agree on the effectiveness of spironolactone.
    Have any girls had an experience with Spironolactone or duda ?
    Finally, are there serious websites to order these drugs?

2. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I am from France too.
    If you want Dutasteride you will have to ask your dermatologist for it (but they are reluctant to prescribe it), but I don't think it would be safe to order from a website and to self medicate you know. Why not trying spironolactone first?
    I am looking for a treatment for hair loss which will not make me all bloated and make me gain weight. I have lots of water retention consecutive to taking spironolactone (among other antiandrogens), if you have any idea?

candyme likes this.
  3. candyme

candyme New Member

Dislikes Received:
    i already tried spironolactone but it was in the same time as androcur. I think Spironolactone have more sides effects than duta and i read than duta is very effective.If I can't find a doctor who prescribes me duta, I think I'll try Spironolactone.
    About the retention water ,it's a side effect of Spironolactone.After a long time,it can get serious

SomeoneSad likes this.
  4. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Candyme, nice virtually meeting you :)

I only took Spironolactone for 5 or 6 months at 50 mg/day... I think I am just predisposed to water retention and cellulite. I used to be very lean though. I also have mild PCOS, so I found that weird that I put on weight with Spironolactone. The same thing happened with Diane 35, and I think it would just be worst with androcur.

About Duta, I ve read that it will have the same sides (unfortunately), as it will lead to oestrogens dominancy (I read it over here, but don't remember where exactly). So My pbm is I basically am scared of trying anything new as I am scared of seing my bodyshape changing very quickly again... seems like it's either my bodyshape or my hair, and quite frankly it's like impossible to choose.

You seem to have read about dutasteride: do you happen to know if it causes weight gain, water retention, cellulite? all that at the same time ? :)

Thx girl