Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

think i might be able to grow my hair out

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by rayneStormRN, Jun 23, 2007.

1. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i still have several bald spots, but the majority of my hair is growing in, altho the regrowth is whiter than anything. i believe it's hidable again if even if the remaining bald spots don't grow in. i haven't noticed any new spots in a couple weeks now, so i'm hopeful. i really hate this in between, some there some not. i'm still ready to lose it all, and will accept it if that happens, but i'm really really hopeful that it's going to grow back. we'll see............altho getting my hair a uniform color if it continues to grow back, and the white doesn't change back to my normal color, will be difficult. my hair is originally dark, and now with all the regrowth white, the majority of my hair will be white. we'll see.

2. maudehimmel

maudehimmel Guest

I have the same thing but all my hair had gone and came back white. I shaved my head a few times then decided to let it grow to see what would happen. It got to about 2cm and was so white that my scalp just stood out like a big blimp. Then it started to part (my hair was curly and I seem to have about 10 different cowlicks) and go flat in the most weird places so I shaved my head again. I have decided to not let it grow back untill it darkens up, as the white growth is horrible. Plus when I shaved it at this long lenght LOL, it went like mush and this helped me to realise it wasn't really hair anyway.

3. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

a lot is turning brown, still growing it out and HOPING, but ready for anything