Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

This volumizing product gave me life back! No Kidding!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Tinker, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Tinker

Tinker New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to share with all who are experiencing thinning hair a great product that I found. I've tried everything from Big, Sexy Hair Volumizing Mousse, hairspray, sprinkles, and anything else someone recommended. Nothing helped. I bought extensions even though I knew I couldn't use most of them as I don't have enough hair to cover up the clips. (I can, however, use tiny ones over each ear and that helps a bit.)

My hairdresser told me about this product a few yrs ago but I didn't like the added blow dry time, so it sat under my bathroom sink for a couple of years. I decided to try it again but I used more than I'd ever used before and it worked. It's called Joico Joigel styling gel. It comes in different strengths and I'm using FIRM. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOOWOWOW!!!

I use this gel (about 3-4 teaspoons) on the roots all over and extend down the hair. Blow dry upside down to get lift. I also use Sebastian Super Shaper hairspray as it is brushable and gives body and yes, I spray under, over, and down each section of hair ($18 at Wal-Mart but you buy one get one 1/2 off most of the time). I don't have to use the sprinkles or the extensions anymore if I don't want to do so.

I got a new tube of this gel at Bed, Bath and Beyond and used the 20% off coupon and it cost about $10 for a large gray-colored tube. My hair isn't soft and silky now but it does have texture and body and I can even style it!! I will gladly give up silkiness for body. Nobody can see my scalp now! My husband even said my hair did not look thin. This gel is my lifesaver and now I can meet friends for lunch or go anywhere with no worries. YES!! Hope this helps some of you.:jump::jump::jump:

2. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think need to consult a dermotalogist before using any products for your hair the hair doctor will advice you the best he can so it would be according to your hair ...