Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

This volumizing product gave me life back! No Kidding!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Tinker, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Tinker

Tinker New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to share with all who are experiencing thinning hair a great product that I found. I've tried everything from Big, Sexy Hair Volumizing Mousse, hairspray, sprinkles, and anything else someone recommended. Nothing helped. I bought extensions even though I knew I couldn't use most of them as I don't have enough hair to cover up the clips. (I can, however, use tiny ones over each ear and that helps a bit.)

My hairdresser told me about this product a few yrs ago but I didn't like the added blow dry time, so it sat under my bathroom sink for a couple of years. I decided to try it again but I used more than I'd ever used before and it worked. It's called Joico Joigel styling gel. It comes in different strengths and I'm using FIRM. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOOWOWOW!!!

I use this gel (about 3-4 teaspoons) on the roots all over and extend down the hair. Blow dry upside down to get lift. I also use Sebastian Super Shaper hairspray as it is brushable and gives body and yes, I spray under, over, and down each section of hair ($18 at Wal-Mart but you buy one get one 1/2 off most of the time). I don't have to use the sprinkles or the extensions anymore if I don't want to do so.

I got a new tube of this gel at Bed, Bath and Beyond and used the 20% off coupon and it cost about $10 for a large gray-colored tube. My hair isn't soft and silky now but it does have texture and body and I can even style it!! I will gladly give up silkiness for body. Nobody can see my scalp now! My husband even said my hair did not look thin. This gel is my lifesaver and now I can meet friends for lunch or go anywhere with no worries. YES!! Hope this helps some of you.:jump::jump::jump:

2. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think need to consult a dermotalogist before using any products for your hair the hair doctor will advice you the best he can so it would be according to your hair ...

3. stream26

stream26 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Aussie instant freeze was my surprise favorite!! I got it and was kinda expecting to hate it bc I have super thick hair. But it gives me such a long lasting hold!!
    https://digital-planner.com/daily/planner

4. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think it is working very good for you but it wouldn't be very good for everyone hairs as the nature of hairs vary from person to person..