Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Thyroid Hormones, Anyone Wanna Look At My Labs?

Discussion in 'AGA Related Blood Work and Doctors' started by reena, May 24, 2018.

1. reena

reena New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, a few months ago I had a blood draw and my new doctor decided to up my levothyroxine from 50 mcg to 75 mcg. I find the before and after results curious. I would like to know what any hypo people here think.

Blood lab at 50 mcg:
    -TSH 2.1
    -free T4 1.65 ng/dl
    -T3 115 ng/dl (I think this was a TOTAL T3 measurement)

Blood lab after 7 weeks on 75 mcg:
    -TSH 1.3
    -free T4 1.48
    -T3 113

Makes sense that TSH lowered obviously, but I don't understand why the actual thyroid hormones lowered a bit. maybe it's just normal day to day variation? My free T4s are about 7 units under the very upper range, and my T3s are in the lower quarter of the range. So, upping my levothyroxine didn't seem to have any effect on T3 production. I find this all very interesting considering I'm back in another TE phase for the past couple months.

2. Doodle

Doodle New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so confused on all of these tests and numbers. I am a 52 year old going thru menopause who has had RA for 26 years and was recently diagnosed with Hashimotos. Adrenal gland tests and thryoid both look great so not sure what is happening.

I have had Alopecia Arreata 4 years ago and since then all of my patches have filled in while on a new RA drug called Xeljanz. But now, I've been told I have Androgenic Alopecia. My DHEA is now at 263 and 6 months ago it was 302, so that is definitely better. Ferritin is at 70. T4 and T3 all seem normal. I've been told I have too much DHTn and more than likely going thru menopause since my periods are so irregular now. This is so frustrating to say the least!!!