Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

time to remins what PCOS is. even regular period can be pcos

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by dying curls, Jun 8, 2008.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

YES!!! BUT BUNNY i never never said that a woman with NO ovarian cycts, NO hormone problems, regular periods, Regular hormone levels of E, P and T, could have PCOS , HAVE I???

NO....

but if such a woman who perfectly hormonally balanced still have hair loss and is very hairy she is extremely sensitive to androgen..I SAID IT OVER AND OVER AND OAVER AGAIN MAYBE EVERYDAY IN THIS FORum....but androgen sensivity still happen to be treated by anti androgen like PCOS is because they are PCOS like (notice_ like) symptoms.....
    and this women is lucky not to have pcos because otherwise she would have the worst symptoms of PCOS ever...

also us women are very sensitive to hormones more than men..and perfectly balanced women are very fiew....almost all women will experienc hormonal trouble at menaupose....not that many men have such a hard time with andropose

2. dying curls

dying curls Guest

you have NO ovarian cycts, NO hormone problems, regular periods, Regular hormone levels of E, P and T, ...

most women are like this BUT...many women with PCOS have been like this too up to some point as POCS is vicious and can remain dormant for many years..And wake up ...you can be hormonally balcand until you're 30 for exemple, and then your pcos wake up of his bad and start to cause you troubles....that means until 30 you did not had PCOS , even it was in your gene, only a genetic analysis could show it, but then you develop it ...in some women PCOS start to wreak havoc at 12 , in other 18 in other at 25 in other even later...just like a thyroid issue or other hormonal disorders...

3. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I am sorry! I misunderstood about the PCOS vs Androgen sensitive....

Well I dont have PCOS and my hair loss cant be caused by androgens,cuz NOTHINGS WORKING!!

I feel like beating something up! LOL!!!!!

I guess my hair loss is caused by unknown factors that NO ONE can pinpoint, this is SOOOOOOO discouraging.

4. dying curls

dying curls Guest

What do you mean nothing is working??? if you have low andorgen it might be still extreme androgen sensitivity on your scalp???
    or maybe a a bacteria or somehting...have you been diagnosed ofr Androgenetic Alopecia or are you still undiagnosed??

5. Nikoletta

Nikoletta Guest

Dying curls how are you treating your hair loss?
    How long have you had it and is it due to pcos

6. dying curls

dying curls Guest

yeah it's due to PCOS ...i am not repeating my pcos and hair loss sotry again because i did it man times....but roughly i am on HRT that means i take an antiandrogen cyprosterone acetate..i gues i am lucky that i need as little as 5 pills of acetate a month to stop the hair loss...since i changed my bcp and i am on natural estrogen because the regular bcp gave me cholesterol i have to take 20 pills of cyprosterone that is also a progestative a month to have a contraceptive effect along with the "natural estrogen" (alone they arent contraceptive)...maybe that higher dosage will trigger more regrowth ???who knows
    i also take iron from time to time as i wa anemic..and i think getting my iron up to 40 also was the main trigger in getting a bit more regrowth this last couple of months...i ve been on that treatmtn for 2 years...but i had been on it before i had to stop, my doctor made me stop because he said i did not have pcos to start with...wrond diagnostic doctor!!

7. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Dyingcurls

I have been diagnosed 2x with Androgenetic Alopecia. I have never had a scalp biopsy. I have not gotten one because I think it would either come back as Androgenetic Alopecia or TE. ANd I am doing everything to treat both.

8. dying curls

dying curls Guest

i know you are trying to treat your Androgenetic Alopecia..and it's good you stay activebecause maybe more effecive treatments will come out and you will know rigth away...

If you have Androgenetic Alopecia it means then that it's in your gene..but certainly you must be very sensitive to androgens on your scalp too...at least i hope for you because otherwise you have a very very strong Androgenetic Alopecia gene if it has nothing to do with wome kind of androgen sensivity...you will see in six month if your thinning as progress or stabilized only that will tell you if your treatment works.

9. web_diva

web_diva Guest

Yeah, I understand it's all part of the same endocrine axis in the body. If the ovaries are out of whack, it effects the adrenals, the thyroid, often the pancreas & liver. It's hard to separate the cause from the effect since it's a domino reaction...

10. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

PolyCYSTIC ovary syndrome, to see if you have true PCOS you need an ultrasound to see if your ovarys have these cysts on them that is what the disease is which in turn will cause no ovulation or a weak ovulation which you can get pregnant from but its almost impossible without medical intervention /fertility drugs...........

11. alicat

alicat Guest

See, I am confused because I had an US years ago (before BCP), and there was nothing abnormal about my ovaries. I had an US done a year ago (on Diane 35), and they were slightly cystic, but not really enough to call them PCOS ovaries.

Maybe I won't have probs getting knocked up? :mrgreen:

12. mjh

mjh Guest

Actually, you can have PCOS without having cysts on your ovaries. I've read that on soulcysters. I've never had mine scanned but I have about 3-4 symptoms.

13. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

if their not cystic and you ovulate on a regular basis then you shouldnt have a problem unless the egg is small and weak, with me that was the big problem most of the time although in the end after years and years of treatments i got preg on my own lol she waited until menopause to shoot out the golden egg as i call it lol........are you tracking your OV? they sell some great kits out there since the window is only about 24 hours.......

14. alicat

alicat Guest

nah. not tracking anything at this point. i just finished my first period off the pill. i am suspecting it was a withdrawel bleed.

15. angieangie

angieangie Guest

My doctor told me that eating disorders simply put hormones out of wack, in any direction. T up or down, estrogen up or down, both up, both down....

16. web_diva

web_diva Guest

I am one of those odd PCOS cases too. I'm 5'1" and 110 lbs and have regular periods, but they are VERY heavy since shortly b4 the hair loss started. In addition to my Lugol's regimen, I am considering Dong Quai and Cinnamon supplementation to help correct the hormones & help (potential) IR.

17. Rainbird984

Rainbird984 Guest

I'm an unusual PCOS case too! Average weight, no actual cysts on ovaries, estrogen and progesterone are normal, periods normal, testosterone is a bit high from time to time but under control now...

They diagnosed me from blood tests once my hair loss / hirsutism started.

A whacked LH/FSH ratio is how they figured my case out. And my DHT is ridiculously high compared to my normal testosterone levels.... :dunno:

18. Hayley

Hayley Guest

This has made me think. All my tests were clear viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9356&st=0&sk=t&sd=a but the derm said that any imbalance may be being masked.

The only thing i was ever asked in relation to PCOS was if i had regular periods. And i did pretty much. They werent always dead on time but i always had them within two weeks of being due.

The thing that makes me wonder the most is the amount of hair on my face and arms. I've always had it, even before going on minoxidil and dianette and its got worse recently but i dont know if its being on them or not.

PCOS could be the reason i have hair loss couldnt it? But then saying that, would my hair be improving as much as it is, if i had it?