Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

To Color or Not to Color???

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by leia1993, Jul 13, 2006.

1. lovelife

lovelife Guest

Coloring

Well - I just colored my hair for the first time last year - all over color and what a mistake. My hair is so damaged and so fine - breaking off all over. I used to just do hi-lights. I will never color again. Of if I do, my cousin has said that henna coloring is so much safer, natural, etc. I've just got to have the WORST hair there is for this to be my case and not all yours.....

2. tao

tao Guest

I use Lush henna: http://www.lush.com/lushlife/hennas.htm

It is a pain to use, but the results are great. I have used other hennas in the past, and they dry out the hair after a few treatments. Lush henna has not dried my hair out at all; in fact, it seems to improve the condition. I get lots of compliments on my hair colour.

And best of all, it doesn't contain the chemicals that hair dyes do, some of which have been linked to cancer.

3. stephanie867

stephanie867 Guest

I've been looking at the Lush hennas for years (I LOVE their stuff!), but have been really afraid to try a henna, because I've heard horror stories. How strong is the color? I'm a strawberry blonde, and I dye my hair red. I'd love to use a red henna, but am afraid I'd look like Ronald McDonald and there would be no way to fix it :D