Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

to dr. Bauman and all:could it be my fault??

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by ashit, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ashit

ashit Guest

hello dr.

i have genetic/female pattern baldness..this- i have definitely inherited from my mom..i am pretty sure about it since my mom and even all her sisters have hardly any hair left by now.(they all are more than 50 yrs of age)..

but i was/am kind of person who gets tensed up pretty fast and gets nervous easily..could be be my own fault/stress which has caused/triggered my Androgenetic Alopecia/FPB??is it that had i never stressed out on anything i would never have lost my hair??or would i have lost it anyways sooner or later with or without stress??

is it right blaming myself right??

please help..

thanks,
    ash
    25 Androgenetic Alopecia

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ashit-

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!
    I believe it is in our hereditary makeup and how our hormones deal with testosterone. It is like inheriting a gene for sickle cell disease or cystic fibrosis. To quote Dr Redmond, we are "hormonally vulnerable". Or at least our hair follicles are and is sure is socially unacceptable! Makes one want to become a devout Muslim or orthodox Jew and cover your hair in public.

No one would blame you for bringing those conditions on yourself. And it doesn't happen with hair loss, either. For right now we can try to sort out all the hormonal influences and iron deficiency and thyroid problems and use "fake hair" or scarves but I know that in the next ten years there will be a breakthrough for hair loss. In your young lifetime something is going to change for the better. You will have hair again. But right now it really sucks big time that we can see our scalps in the mirror and everything we try costs so much money and seems to do nothing and it isn't supposed to be this way. We are girls and girls have hair. Except ... not always, it appears.

Please don't blame yourself. Know that you are not alone, a lot of women are out there covering up their hair or lack thereof. And apparently doing a pretty good job.

I hate this as much as you do. We all do. But somehow we have to learn to deal with it, whether by trying different things to get hair growth started again or just learning to deal with its departure. And I don't want to do that either- I want my real hair.

You are more than your hair! You are a beautiful person. Let's promote a "bald is beautiful" mentality in this country. (Go Carol!) Let's be self confident amazing women. And I say this as I am freaking out at going back to work teaching next week after the summer off with hair thinner than it has ever been before. Lets push for hair optional!

Again- this is NOT your fault.

3. scraggy

scraggy Guest

I just wanted to tell you that you certainly have not caused this condition, so please dont think that, i think stress agravates it, so please try and think positively, i know this is very very hard, i struggle with this daily, but we have to try..sooo count the good things in your life (or try) and good luck to you, remember we are not alone, even though it feels like it at times...love...Karin

4. Guest

Guest Guest

lots of people get stress and tension, and most of them don't lose their hair.

no it is not your fault. it is usually to greater or lesser degrees, genetic.

i am an easy going person (usually) and i am completely bald.