Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

To everyone Happy Wednesday

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by scraggy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. scraggy

scraggy Guest

Hi ladies....

As I do most mornings, I made a cup of tea, and logged on to read whats up with everyone, and I suddenly thought, I want to say hello to all of you, and to thank you all for the input and suport you have given me, and to say how thankful I am that I "found" this site, and to wish you all well on this difficult journey we are forced to take...I am trying to add a photo , as i so enjoy seeing the faces of the ladies who have put their pictures on here.

Best wishes....................Scraggy

2. Guest

Guest Guest

hi, you are beautiful, and a good wed. to you also!

3. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Karin, you are beautiful!!! You definitely must pick a new username. Scraggy just won't do now that we have seen how gorgeous you are. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your picture with us. It's always wonderful to be able to put a face to a name.

Have a fantastic day!!!

Hugs, Joann

4. MariaT

MariaT Guest

Scraggy you are soooo pretty!

5. amye

amye Guest

Oh scraggy you are such a beautiful woman...inside and out!

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Karin- that is a great picture! I would not guess you have hair issues. And there is a guy with his arm around you! You look gorgeous and happy. Thanks for sharing.

7. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Guest

Hi Scraggy,
    Thanks for sharing your photo. You are an amazingly beautiful woman!!! Blessings to you. :wink:

8. scraggy

scraggy Guest

Thank you ladies for the compliments...does wonders for the old self confidence , which since the hairloss seems to be on the floor somewhere (smile)...gone dam well missing...hehe.

Joanne, i actually love the name Scraggy...i should become a real Scraggy...she was such an amazing dog, i worked with animal anti cruelty in South Africa, and at one point had 5 dogs and 10 cats, all rescues except one...and Scraggy was by far the doggie who had such a great personality...everyone loved her and wanted her..

Deede..the man sitting next to me is just an old friend...no romantic attachment...(smile)

9. ruthie

ruthie Guest

KARIN

Hi Karin, Oh you look so beauiful, i would never ever think you had hairloss i haven't been on much because i'm havng hard time anxiety i'm very symptomatic and get scary palpitation.s .....i'm so tired of waking up every morning and thinking about my hairloss and what to do, on a positive note i am still enjoying my grandaughter...i hope your scalp is feeling better i need to try and get caught up readng posts geez ....i joined a pvc support forum in 2002 ,now i am scared and trying read some posts there soi dont feel Alone with them i never thought i'd have to deal 2 problems's at once, hairloss and palpitations ,i feel drained i have take xanax to help my anxiety and panic ......i get too tired to try conceal my hairloss when i get these other fears ......i just had to get back to you ......as always thank you for listening and your kindness ,oh you look much younger than what you are take care karin now. Love Ruthie

10. scraggy

scraggy Guest

Ruthie.....what a LOVELy surprise to hear from you..i was really thinking i have to come and look for you under that bed..oh i am sooo sorry you are feeling soo badly...what can i say to help you..??? RUTHIE...u simply have to put your mind on positive thoughts becuase the more u concentrate on whats wrong...the more it goes wrong Ruthie, truly i am telling the thruth...now ofcourse u cant just wish urself better, hey then i would have an amazing head of hear, drive my imported fancy car and be living on my island...hehe...actually i only want the hair...and i am trying very very hard to thank god i have the little hair i have, instead of wishing for what i dont have..(hard but i am trying) sooo please Ruthie...take lots of DEEP breaths....really it helps,,promise, when u feel so scared just sit and breath deeply, you will be amazed, try it please..! Icant believe its october....my god...xmas is almost here....(sigh) I am so happy you are enjoying your grandaughter, remember she just wants her granny, she does not know if you have hair or not...soo see her often, please, she will grow so quickly and u will miss all that... I cant tellyou how happy i am to hear from you, i was getting worried.. I am not earing sugar and increased my protein and my scalp is 50% better, so thats good...and hair falling out less...soo i am holding my breath and sucking up this yuk way of eating..! (as long as i can) hey i lost 5lbs so thats always good...jeans not so tight..(smile)

NOW..smile, breath, make a cup of tea/coffee...and count the good things ok..."then you can go back to the other things if you want..hehe"

Much love..Karin

11. Stella321

Stella321 Guest

hi scraggy...you are such a lovely and kind person...i saw your pic and thought, 'what a beautiful lady!' and then remembered you too have concerns about hair...but honestly i doubt anyone ever looks at your hair or thinks twice about it. i know, easy for someone else to say. but i'm definitely going to eat berries and salmon till they're coming out of my ears : ). i have a reunion coming up and wish i could saunter in feeling great about being the ONLY single person i know there, but instead i'm going to fret over the overhead lighting. anyway, thanks for the postings. and the woman with the fab tattoos (sp?)...love it! gorgeous! i noticed a young bald lady jogging through the city the other day...the first thing you noticed was her perfect facial bone structure. anyway, happy day all.

12. scraggy

scraggy Guest

Hi Stella...

thanks for your kind words...welcome to the berry and salmon club YUK..(smile) but hey you loose weight, and you know Stella, when i was "younger" i never thought much about my shoulders, and smooth neck and all those things, and they are really sexy you know, truly we all loose sight of the rest of our bodies, and when u get to my age you loose the whole dam body, it falls to your knees..hehe..sooo truly i am looking at all the good things we woman have, and with a bit of weight loss, and a bit of excersise..ARGGGG we can improve other parts...and take all the focus away from our hair, so thats what you have to do..get some toppik, or whatever you can find to make that path look better, and shove a dam piece into your hair, and jusr do as i am, saying hey i have other things i am going to try and improve...soooo dont think about the light at the do...wear something sexy, show some clevage, wear a stunning piece of jewellery...oh we as woman can do so much more than men...soooo i bet you will be looking great whe u go to the function...u will if u stay on this unintersting way of eating (smile) and hey u get less wrinkles...whats not to like...hehe...also the sexiest thing you can have "is confidence"..and an open big smile...my daughter has soo much of that, and she is never short of men asking her out or whatever...(and she is just a lovely youny woman..many woman are way prettier, she says so, but she does the above) Soo think u are great, and it will eventually come through the way you walk and act...truly..i mean it.

Love..Scraggy

13. Scraggy-- You said on another post that my hairloss sounds alot like yours. Guess what??? We even look alike! Thanks for your positive attitude and all your help, going to have some tea, salmon and berries!
    Margarita

14. scraggy

scraggy Guest

margarita....tooo funny that we even look alike.., i know i sound like this weird person dragging my little soap box around with the protein and no sugar advice, but as i have said, i am desperate, and have nothing to loose, and weight and wrinkles to loose..hehe....its not so bad really ..! Enjoy your tea....love..Scraggy

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ruthie- it is good to hear from you. I was getting worried because it had been so long. I am glad you are enjoying your grand daughter. I have MVP and PVC's too, but going off caffeine made a big difference. It is scary when all of a sudden you think you are going to pass out or your heart speeds up to about 200 a minute. But so far I am still here to talk about it. Enjoy the beautiful fall weather- at least I hope it will cool off here so I can go out and walk my dog in the afternoons after work.

16. ruthie

ruthie Guest

Karin [scraggy]

HI Karn, oh you alwas make me laugh i haven't been under my bed yet LOL i' so happy to hear your scalp feels 50% better i know you needed a break from that for sure......you sound so positive thats wonderful,what is the secret [smile] ......Karin i oh i am thankful for what hair i have left ,it seems that Fall weather i shed more i need a color soon my bangs getting so sparse ...i just get so sad and bitter as i know we all do here at times ,i sometimes get lost in the world of fear ...Karin when i had bad episodes of palpitaions ,it took most of my mind off the hairloss but feeling fear of those isn't a good thing ,I do try and be positive i know i have be more consistant ,last night i went for a short walk ....wow you lost 5 pounds good for you karin i know must be hard to keep away from sugar ,lol i lost 9 pounds ,i miss my chocolate peppermint patties lol was my comfort food.....you look so thin karin on your photo like your at right weight ,thank you for the kind words i appreciate it so much i alwas think of you also ...i love your sense of humor .i hope you have a nice day :p love Ruthe

17. ruthie

ruthie Guest

Deede

HI Deede, thank's for thinking about me ,i posted to you before lost it somehow pushed wrong button Deede you get those pvc's also ,sorry to hear that,i think many of times like you do that i am still here to talk about them suffered since i was 29 .i can handle certain ones but lingering ones scare me intensely.i panic i tryed listening to my relaxation tape this time nothing worked , either all stress of worries from hairloss are catching up or maybe caffene i don't drink coffee or tea but i do eat chocolate to try keep my sanity lol .yes i am enjoying my grandaughter we bought a digital camera and she is in her swing going back and forth and i sit and watch her look at her pretty little face it brings a smile to my face and happy tears lol .i get so emotional ,i hope you are doing okay ,and you had a nice walk with your dog.....i love Fall weather today only 70 degrees ,Deede i have a niece named alexandra my mom use to call her [Deede girl] lol i just had tell you that ,i like that name as always thank's for listening and kind words have a nice day :p love Ruthie

18. scraggy

scraggy Guest

Ruthie...

Its soo good to hear back from you..you know its very hard for me to get into this laptop...and then to negotiate the "boards" aaaand then, find my way to where you are..hehe... I have been worried about what you are doing, now i am going to put locks on the cupboards so you cant eat the chocolates....ooonly kidding, you have to have something to calm you down when you get these attacks. I have no idea how they feel, but i can tell you, that since i came to the USA, i really get scared of things , that did not bother me at home, and at times those things WITH the hairloss, well i feel i cant breath, its lousy... I am trying Ruthie to pull my mind straight...its a constant effort, (sigh) sooo dont think i am "all better" nop, i wont be all better with this little amount of hair, BUT i decided, i can let this DAM HAIR thing consume my life...ok..so then what, i have ruined my day, had noooo happiness, and i STILL have the problem....soo i just decided i HAVE to concentrate on the fact i "have hair" hey its not great, but its there...sooo i am just shifting my thinking, i am FORCING my brain to think of other things...you know the way you dont think about ur hair when u are having a panic attack...well same sort of thing....! just move your braiin elsewhere... I am thirilled you are enjoying your grandaughter....i envy you....sooo please chin up Ruthie....and dont go under that bed again...caus i will come look for you ..hehe

Much love...Karin

Love...Scraggy