Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

To Miami Girl or experinced topper ladies

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Pumpkin Pie, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie Guest

Yestrday I went and brought a topper, I am using toppe clips for attachment. In the shop they made it look easy but I cant put it on my self and just end up giving up in pain as I am breaking my own hair.

Do you have bonded now have you had clips and can you or anyone give me some guideance, I really am holding back the tears as I felt so great yesterday. :oops:

2. VAgirl1

VAgirl1 Guest

What I do, is I tease my hair ( gently) that is going to go in the clips, then I start with the front clip and it sticks right in to the hair that is teased bc it is sticking up a bit then I do the sides and back last. the teasing really helps it grab on to something and you are not pulling on your scalp. I use spray to keep teh hair up off my scalp, once the topper is all the way on it flattens out.
    hope that makes sense

3. Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie Guest

Can you see the clips well I find that difficulta and as for the back can this be done blind.

4. Amy

Amy Guest

I just had another idea as well. In order to keep it on if you are concerned with the clips is to wear it with a headband. That will keep it close to your head and will give you more room for error. You will figure it out. If they did it for you once you can do it again. The worse thing that could happen is you cut down a few areas of hair and just tape it. I know many women who do it that way and love it. Plus, no pain from clips. Good luck!

Amy

Amy

5. MiamiGirl

MiamiGirl Guest

Hi Pumpkin. I really wish that I had some advice for you, but I've only had bonded and woven pieces. Faking it might be able to help you or you can post your question on wig support. Good luck!