Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Topical Finestride, Topical Spriolanactone Seem To Be Working

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by mcat11, Aug 3, 2017.

1. mcat11

mcat11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm I dont know why the bald talk link wont work but google "desmond, bald truth talk topical finesteride'
    I think if memory serves (i may be wrong read it a long time ago) but he is supposedly a pharmacist in Australia that did topical finasteride and gave out his methodology on a long thread and he took a lot of questions etc. Maybe they linked some studies.

All I know is what i am using is working...I saw a relative today who is brutally honest and she was amazed how much hair is growing back and the caliber is thickening so I am anxious to see in another 3 months what it will look like....i feel very superstitious saying this (hair loss is so unpredictable) but at same time I want to share this with women because when I first came on the websites in 2016 most people were not having success on these sites. And i thought either women are just doomed or women don't share their success stories.

MouseGraft likes this.
  2. hoping4best

hoping4best Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Many thanks, Mcat!

mcat11 likes this.
  3. valentinab00

valentinab00 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    There is a typo in the URL. The first link should contain the domain: baldtruthtaIk

It's resolving to balktruthtaik.com I suspect due to this site. Just change the "baldtruthtaik" to baldtruthtaIk in the address bar.

#23 valentinab00, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    mcat11 likes this.
  4. Mia45

Mia45 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mcat....Thanks for the updates. My derm is also willing to call a compounding pharmacy to prescribe a topical treatment. Is what you’re using a minoxidil/finasteride/estradiol combo? Is it a spray? I saw you posted 0.5% finasteride as the strength. What about the estradiol and minoxidil strength?
    I would appreciate any additional info you can share so I can let my derm know. Also, would you be able to share the pharmacy your derm or you use for the script? I appreciate seeing someone sharing a success story here! Thanks so much.

5. mcat11

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I dont have additional information then what I already posted.
    Good luck.

6. mcat11

Dislikes Received:
    quick note its 3 separate items I use.
    1. topical Spironolactone is 1%--which i think is standard for topical Spironolactone..it's a liquid I dont know the vehicle (ethanol?) and I dont know the 17 alpha estrodial strength (pretty sure I provided links to get the formulas from other websites--some people make this stuff at home so I am shocked a Dr and a compound pharmacist are having trouble figuring it out).
    2 Rogain minoxidil foam from drug store
    3. topical finasteride and I don't know the vehicle its a liquid. Think its ethanol.

Its really the finasteride and the rogain that i see the most results with the Spironolactone I am just using because I started with it and figure might as well throw kitchen sink.

*If you use this stuff--don't get pregnant. If you plan to get pregnant--talk to gyno first*

Good luck! :)

7. Jettie

Jettie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Has there been any information about the topical finasteride study? I've tried to google but I can't find anything

8. Linz

Linz Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is a great thread and wanted to add my results with testing finasteride in a pill form.

Just a background. I’ve been experiencing hair loss for 5 years starting at age 37 as a slow progression. My biopsy (performed a year ago) showed androgeneric alopecia.

Here’s what I have tried
    Rogaine - my dread shed was so bad, I couldn’t handle it and stopped.
    Spironolactone - started with 100mg per day (honestly I didn’t see results but cut back to 50mg) afraid to stop it totally
    Finasteride - after the results of the 2/18 study, I asked my dermatologist to prescribe me 5mg. She didn’t even know about it but gave it to me after reading it.
    It’s been one month, I have shed a lot but not nearly as bad as Rogaine so I’ve continued. The shedding of small hairs still continues but nothing alarming. I have seen a ton of new baby hairs in my hair line. And like mcat11, it looks like my hair line is lowering.
    I am getting some facial hair but a $20 gadget at Ulta easily removes it for me.
    Laser - I also do a laser cap which I also think is helping in conjunction with the finasteride.
    Hair loss vitamin - take daily. I think it helps but not a cure.

When I hit my 3 and 6 month mark, I’ll update this post.

MouseGraft likes this.
  9. Paperclips

Paperclips Member

Dislikes Received:
    Linz, thank you for this post! Just curious which 2/18 study you are referring to? Did they make you go on (or are you already on) any kind of birth control in order to take finasteride?

10. Linz

Linz Member

Dislikes Received:
    MouseGraft likes this.